Director, Project Management
Project Management | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma Inc, founded in 2009, is dedicated to the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to fight tumor cells. We are a small, dynamic and accomplished team with an exciting growth trajectory for the coming year.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of Director, Program Management to work in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This individual will work closely with the cross functional teams and with Kite’s partners to ensure clarity of strategy, to manage specific projects/programs, and to facilitate communication across all parties.
Responsibilities (include but limited to):
- Serve as project manager and provide leadership, coordination, and cross-functional communication to enable teams to meet goals
- Develop high quality integrated cross functional project/program plans, manage project activities, and control timelines
- Work with project team to identify key risks, timeline and resource issues, and develop mitigation plans
- Develop communications and presentations relating to project strategy, status, critical path activity timing, resources required, and related issues and/or risks, and communicate both internally and to partners as appropriate
- Maintain, track, report and understand variances in the integrated project budget by working in close collaboration with functional contributors and finance
- Participate in the planning and execution of regulatory activities, including IND filings
- Maintain tools for internal and external communication about project goals and progress (program summary documents, etc.)
- Effectively manage team meetings by ensuring that objectives are clearly defined, capturing and disseminating meeting outcomes/information/action items, and following up on critical actions with teams
- Work closely with external partners to organize team meetings, coordinate schedules and follow-up on action items
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 8 years of relevant industry experience in project or program management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required and an MBA or PhD a plus
- Project Management certification or equivalent is a plus
- Able to express ideas and present information effectively within teams, functions, and with external partners
- Demonstrate active listening and constructive feedback within team, ability to facilitate problem solving, decision making, and issue resolution
- Demonstrated analytical and technology skills, including proficiency in project planning tools, content management tools, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong program management skills including: communicating across the organization to align on shared goals and responsibilities, working with teams to clarify vision and direction, developing work plans to meet goals, managing teams to meet goals and deliverables, tracking progress toward plan, highlighting areas of risk and developing mitigation plans, identifying options and facilitating decisions to enable projects to move forward, ability to plan and facilitate effective, efficient meetings and ability to multi-task while working within a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Boulevard and right off the 10 Freeway. We are able to offer the upside of working in a small, but growing company where everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commiserate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.