Director, Pricing & Reimbursement – Europe
Market Access | Uxbridge, United Kingdom | Full Time
Kite is a bio pharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA. Kite is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs.
The Director of P&R is expected to play a pivotal role across the EU commercial organization, leading payer value and market access optimisation strategy and implementation in Europe. Specifically the position will support local European markets in supporting the development of innovative pricing mechanisms, reimbursement dossiers and leading and supporting payer negotiations, including the developments of payer materials
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Develop, and implement strategies to secure, sustain and appropriately optimise pricing, access, and reimbursement to customers in local European markets
- Provide recommendations on initiatives to optimise price across markets and maximise long term profitability
- Develop and ensure HEOR programs support the above strategies and engage stakeholders to facilitate pricing, reimbursement and uptake
- Maintain relationships with local European payers monitor the competitive landscape and proactively adapt to emerging trends in the reimbursement and drug pricing landscape in the local European Markets
- Collaborate across Brand Teams, Medical Affairs, Finance, Market Research, Legal, Government Affairs, and other functional teams, to develop strategies that reflect all relevant current and projected market dynamics
- Ensure that the local European Market Access activities comply with regulatory agencies, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures
- Strong track-record in Market Access, HEOR and/or Pricing and reimbursement experience at greater than a local level (e.g. EU, International or global), with understanding of the interdependencies across Europe
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Personal leadership and engagement in the development of core value models/dossiers and possessing positive relationships with major payer bodies and HTAs in key markets across Europe
- Clinical knowledge – the ideal candidate will, understand the needs at the clinical level with an ability to translate those into commercial plans
- Demonstrated ability to change payer perceptions of a market and in particular to establish unmet needs and the use of surrogate endpoints.
- Well-developed analytical and strategic skills with an entrepreneurial insight and a pragmatic approach
- Sophisticated communication, management and leadership skills, as well as a level of comfort at influencing and negotiating both within and outside an organisation are a prerequisite.
- Proven ability of successfully managing complexity across multi-functional reports and building strong relationships
- A strong business orientation and the ability to view issues from multiple functional perspectives, whilst managing organisational ambiguity
- Identify, analyze, develop, and implement recommendations and strategies regarding P&R policy and challenges important to product portfolio
- Analyze, synthesize, and translate technical HEOR, P&R information, including coverage and payment policies, into meaningful decision points, recommendations, and strategic tactics
- Project manage and oversee creation of robust P&R dossiers for EU countries
- Conceptualize, implement and manage HEOR projects from inception to completion for all phases of research, including publication, dissemination, and presentation
- Set milestones and manage external vendors and consultants for timely project deliverables
- Develop and implement appropriate HEOR brand/product tactics to assist the development of promotional and/or payer value propositions that support market positioning and optimise market access
- Prioritize tasks, and organize and manage multiple projects while maintaining an understanding of national and global perspectives and objectives
- Ability to take initiative, work within existing management structure, and to consistently deliver high-quality work products
- Communicate frequently and effectively with manager and other identified stakeholders/team members
- Produce well-written Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel spreadsheets that communicate key points in a clear and concise format
- C 40% travel required
- Position based in London – Stockley Park
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Stockley Park, UK. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.