Director, Payer Account - Gulf Region
Commercial | Houston, TX | Full Time
Kite Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team. Kite is publicly traded (NASDAQ: KITE) with a current market well over $2 Billion.
The Director, Payer Account - Gulf Region will be responsible for representing Kite Pharma as a leader in engineered T cell immunotherapy and will have overall responsibility for ensuring private and public payer coverage and reimbursement for Kite products, within their assigned geographic region.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Identifying, developing, and managing strategic relationships with national and/or regional payers, within assigned region
- Build proactive relationships with organizations/KOLs whose experience and views provide influence with payers
- Assessing payer landscape to understand potential coverage for Kite products
- Implement pre-launch payer education plan to ensure awareness of Kite products
- Develop and implement account level business plans
- Partnering with Medical Affairs and HEOR team to address clinical and outcomes concerns from payers
- Understanding payer requirements for inpatient setting
- Extensive understanding of the impact of payer policies on Kite products, our customers and competitive products
- Obtain coverage for Kite products within assigned accounts
- Identify and mitigate potential challenges that may hinder access
- Work with Kite services to ensure understanding of payer coverage policy and requirements
- Post launch, partner with field team to provide education on respective payers and to address any questions/concerns that arise
- Establish critical relationships with a variety of stakeholders within their geography: key institutions, Medicare CMDs, health plan medical and pharmacy directors and state Medicaid directors
- Partner with reimbursement support team to provide education on respective payers and assist with any coverage questions
- Responsible and accountable for the successful implementation within their regions of the strategic and tactical market access plan
- Medical benefit experience, inpatient experience preferred
- National and regional payer experience
- Excellent strategic thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to successfully partner with payers and with internal cross-functional teams
- Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences;
- Sustained track record of achievement in Oncology payer management
- BA/BS degree required, Master degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Oncology Payer Account Management
- Requires ability to travel 50- 70% of the time
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Drive and right off the 10. We are able to offer the upside of working in a small, but growing company where everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commiserate to any large corporation. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.