Director of Corporate Communications and Investor Relations
Corporate Communications | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma Inc, founded in 2009, is dedicated to the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to fight tumor cells. We are a small, dynamic and accomplished team with an exciting growth trajectory for the coming year.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of Director of Corporate Communications and Investor Relations to work in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This individual will report to the CFO/COO and oversee Kite’s corporate messaging and brand management, public and media relations, and related communications activities across multiple projects and lines of business. Additionally, the Director will work with the CEO and CFO/COO to plan and execute investor relations communications and activities.
Responsibilities (include but limited to):
- Develop and manage company’s strategic communications, both corporate and product related, to build strong and unifying company perception and image
- Proactively counsel and collaborate with internal stakeholders on all major company initiatives, events, and announcements
- Serve as a primary corporate spokesperson; oversee media training efforts for other corporate spokespeople
- Manage development of briefing materials and message refinement for all media relations opportunities
- Oversee company website and related content to ensure consistency with corporate image and strategic messaging
- Develop and review key corporate communications (e.g., press releases, corporate presentations, conference call scripts, etc.) to support corporate image and strategic messaging objectives
- Manage internal review processes with subject matter experts
- Coordinate opportunities, together with internal commercial teams and other operational stakeholders, relating to government, community affairs and patient advocacy
- Oversee the company’s social media activities to ensure regulatory compliance and consistency with corporate communications objectives
- Develop investor relations strategies and tactics with the CEO and CFO/COO
- Manage interactions with analysts and investors, consistent with key messages and public disclosures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in communications or a related field with 10+ years of experience demonstrating increasing responsibility and accomplishment in public or media relations
- Formal studies in science, engineering or another technical subject preferred
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment preferred
- Experience in a life sciences based business environment a plus
- Proven success in a corporate communications or investor relations cross-functional role within a publicly-traded company
- Ability to understand technical information, distill key business concepts and use to create convincing and compelling communications
- Experience in or exposure to investor relations activities
- Experience managing outside IR or PR agency
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Personal desire to participate in the growth and success of an emerging life sciences and diagnostics company
- Ability to represent company in a professional manner, internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with senior management and executives, facilitating cross-functional communications and decision making
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Boulevard and right off the 10 Freeway. We are able to offer the upside of working in a small, but growing company where everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commiserate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.