Director, Marketing - Europe
Marketing | Uxbridge, United Kingdom | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognise and kill tumours. Kite Europe is headquartered in Stockley Park, UK and is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs.
Kite Pharma is seeking an experienced and robust commercial individual to become Director of Marketing for Europe. The role will be focused on supporting the strategy and driving the execution of upstream and downstream marketing activities for our developing portfolio, with a clear vision of changing the way late stage cancer is treated. This new role will have the responsibility for driving all marketing efforts, including driving cross-functional development and implementation of:-
- Innovative and differentiated brand value proposition
- Highly successful commercial launch plans
- Deep market and competitive landscape understanding
- Long-term financial plans and forecasts
The Director of Marketing will support agreed strategic priorities, assist in the creation of the roadmap for implementation of key initiatives, and ensures alignment of the organisation’s resources and capabilities.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated, highly innovative, successful marketer looking for a challenging, yet rewarding role where they can leverage their significant experience with an entrepreneurial outlook to drive outstanding results.
The successful candidate will demonstrate high impact, be an analytical and effective team player with an entrepreneurial spirit. The candidate will also know how to apply best practice frameworks, processes and methods while being hands-on in a highly ethical environment.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Create and drive a highly visible and successful launch strategy for Kite’s first transformation therapy KTE-C19
- Execute all in line marketing activities across the business to deliver on aligned marketing goals and objectives for European company growth
- Support strategic goals and commercialisation strategy to successfully launch the foot print of Kite EuropeIdentify, assess, and advance insight into the key internal and external factors that affect the Company’s products
- Recommend strategic frameworks and coordinate with functional areas to identify specific solutions required to deliver against identified customer needs, business challenges and Company objectives
- Assist in the creation of an innovative customer focused and differentiated supply chain support system
- influence the direction of European market analysis to identify market challenges, scientific study, and registration requirements for development of product profiles and differentiated value proposition
- Research and distil market analytics, including market drivers, market sizing to inform strategy and decision making
- Drive development of a highly innovative digital marketing effort
- Implement the planning and development of key executive presentations, strategy updates, and business updates
- Fully understand and live the Kite values and behaviours in all they do
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; MBA or advanced Life Sciences degree is preferred
- Fluency in multiple languages would be welcomed
- Extensive experience in leadership of marketing and strategic planning
- Experience in haematology, oncology and/or the hematopoietic stem cell transplant segments
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive results in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience as a successful marketing professional in product launches, sales, and/or strategic planning
- Experience developing marketing materials for healthcare professionals and/or patients
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment
- Experience solving ambiguous problems – ability to operate both strategically and tactically translating complex problems into solutions, collaboratively
- Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Experience in facilitating cross-functional or organisational groups
- Strong analytical and measurement/tracking skills
- At ease conducting analysis, presenting information and findings clearly, in a concise and accurate way
- Ability to draw meaningful conclusions and indicated actions, and set performance benchmarks
- Ability to manage your time and budget effectively, including balancing multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter attributes - preferably with experience in startup or rapid-growth environments
- Proven experience in managing your resources and accountabilities
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills required
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to perform under pressure
- Fluent in English; other languages advantageous
- Travel Required
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Stockley Park, UK. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.