Director, Legal - Europe
Legal | Uxbridge, United Kingdom | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognise and kill tumours. Kite Europe is headquartered in Stockley Park, UK and is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs
The Legal Director, Europe, will interface with all disciplines and departments within Kite supporting the EU region. This will include, but not be limited to, R&D, Commercial, Compliance, Human Resources, Supply Chain and Manufacturing, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Finance, Quality, and IT. The legal counsel will contribute to the company’s success by supporting all aspects of operations, including contract drafting and review, compliance programs, and day-to-day legal support and advice. This position will report to Corporate Counsel and Head of Europe
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Support all business processes and deliverables through timely legal counsel;
- Work in partnership with various company departments within EU to provide legal advice on appropriate legal action to be taken;
- Negotiate, draft, review, summarize, research and execute a wide variety of agreements, including supplier agreements, master service agreements, materials transfer agreements, clinical trial agreements, license agreements, real estate leases, confidentiality agreements, employment agreements and other general business contracts;
- Ensure the appropriate risk/benefit analysis in providing legal counsel consistent with Kite’s policies and practices and governance models;
- Review and prepare policy documents consistent with Kite’s general policies and practices;
- Review and advise on various legal and business matters such as risk management policies, vendor and customer disputes;
- Research new and revised laws to ensure Company is in compliance with all applicable EU and country regulations;
- Advise on legal issues involving the organization’s governance and regulatory compliance in Europe;
- Manage and advise on ethics and regulatory matters;
- Assist in reviewing all matters related to compliance and financial reporting applicable in EU;
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Must possess current licensure and/or registration requirements established for the performance of the duties of the position;
- Qualified lawyer with a license to practice in the United Kingdom;
- Confident in your own drafting and ability to negotiate whilst working on complex transactions is key given the autonomy afforded in this position;
- Experience working with pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies and a demonstrated record of handling complex legal matters effectively and independently;
- First class interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a variety of contacts, including outside attorneys, senior management, and business associates;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment and meet deadlines;
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity;
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills;
- Willingness to think outside of the box and adapt best practices to our growing environment;
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility.
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Stockley Park, UK. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.