Director, IT - Europe
Information Technology | Uxbridge, United Kingdom | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognise and kill tumours. Kite Europe is headquartered in Stockley Park, UK and is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as IT Director for UK and Europe. You will work with the Information Technology team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This role will be a hands-on resource reporting functionally to the VP of IT (based in the US) and to the local Head of Europe based in London, UK. Specifically, the main role is to setup and provide IT Operations and Infrastructure support where needed and to expand to IT applications.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Understand overall IT global corporate strategy and infrastructure including plans to expand in UK and EU.
- Define infrastructure / operations needs per country by aligning with business priorities for each country
- Execute rollout based on IT corporate’s guidance
- On a daily basis, main focus of the role will to provide on-site UK support for end-users as well as remote support for Kite resources based in EU (Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, Switzerland…). Specific activities to include (among others):
- Workstation Support:
Install, configure, and maintain computers, desktop operating systems, software and peripherals.
Troubleshoot network connections.
Provide assistance with BYOD smartphones and iPads
- Account Management:
Create and manage user and email accounts.
Manage telephone system
Grant database and network access and troubleshoot file permission issues.
- Inventory Management:
Conduct regular verifications of physical inventory.
Keep up-to-date records on all IT related hardware and maintain the inventory database and related records.
Create, update, and maintain IT related documentation to ensure future support.
Document all requests received, work performed, and changes made.
Implement changes according to a proper process with IT Change Control
Ensure that the Qualification of Systems/Validation is kept at the required level (mostly HQ-driven)
- System Management/Maintenance:
Perform system upgrade per HQ request
Perform routine system maintenance
Data Backup / Recover
- Help Desk:
Client support and issue resolution through email, phone, and/or on-site service.
Identify and address areas in which end-user experience can be improved through the use of technology
- Select and manage local IT vendors where appropriate including a service desk support service
- Represent IT priorities and needs to the Global IT leadership team based in Santa Monica, CA – USA
- Be an extension of the IT global team to help with specific projects and roadmap items
- Develop a 2-3 year IT EU/UK roadmap based on business projections
- Extensive experience in the Information Technology field
- Biotech/healthcare industry experience is a plus
- Proficient with network / wireless solutions
- Knowledge of infrastructure, desktop, mobile services
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and diagnose issues
- Ability to independently launch and configure newly adopted hardware/software
- Broad IT knowledge across areas like Service Desk Operations, Applications, Architecture, Security and Infrastructure
- Successful track record of IT leadership, execution and delivery.
- Experience supporting “field” resources such as Commercial & Sales
- Self-motivated with high degree of initiative and excellent follow-up skills, along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organised, results oriented and eager to tackle difficult problems
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with management and non-technical users
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- The individual must be a self-driven, motivated senior IT leader with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and leadership/good executive presence.
- Must be capable of working autonomously, is a team player and possess the ability to interact and interface with all levels of management.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, MIS, Life Sciences, Business; or equivalent experience is preferred
- Ability to work after hours as needed
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Stockley Park, UK. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.