Director, Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS
Human Resources | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the role will be responsible for providing expertise in the areas of Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS globally across Kite. As a hands on leader, this position will be expected to provide value-added, efficient Human Resources processes and services. These processes should strategically support the global compensation objectives of attracting and retaining talent while also maximizing employee engagement. The individual needs to be strategic in understanding a lean approach to HR processes while also being tactical in operating as a content expert. This position will contribute to a team of high-performing Human Resources professionals dedicated to providing best-in-class HR programs and services.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Design, implement, and administer innovative global Total Reward strategies that deliver cost-effective and competitive compensation and benefits programs to our employees.
- Develop and implement an extensive Total Reward communications strategy
- In partnership with the Vice President, Human Resources, lead and maintain the Total Rewards strategy for the Company by recommending competitive rewards programs, variable compensation designs, and incentive programs.
- Provide advice on compensation and benefit matters including industry benchmarks and best practices
- Manage the year-end compensation review process including budget recommendations, communication strategy, timeline, and tools/resources
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and business leaders to understand the application of Total Rewards within their teams.
- Conduct market surveys to ensure competitiveness of compensation programs. Identify gaps and develop recommendations to address opportunities for enhancements.
- Ensure alignment of incentive/reward elements with culture, strategy and operational goals
- Create a strong culture of recognition through the design of Reward and Recognition programs
- Work with Finance/Payroll to ensure accurate compensation programs administration, financial reporting, and compliance with applicable ERISA, regulatory, and tax laws.
- Manage the implementation of a variety of HR system in support of the Company’s high-growth phase.
- Lead the creation of a culture of Wellness
- Experience working with manufacturing operations
- Bachelor’s degree required in a Human Resources related discipline, advanced degree highly preferred
- 10+ years of overall HR experience with 7+ years of experience focused in Benefits/Compensation design and management
- Experience with Workday preferred
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience implementing an HRIS system
- Experience designing incentive compensation programs for a publicly-held company, preferably in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive knowledge of US federal and state legislation influencing benefits and compensation as well as EU
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.