Director, Business Development
Business Development | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2.5 billion (NASDAQ: KITE).
Kite is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Business Development team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports top management by providing analysis for evaluating new business opportunities such as in/out licensing, collaborative research and development agreements, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions
- Executes in implementation of new scientific and strategic partnerships, licensing, joint ventures and alliances
- Identifies, evaluates and pursues the strategic and financial prospects of new opportunities
- Follows-up on all partnership activity including the tracking, documentation and status reporting of all collaborations along the business development pipeline
- Interacts with existing corporate contacts, facilitates communication, keeps tracks of milestones and identifies scope for enhancing these relationships
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires advanced science degree and/or MBA with a minimum of 5 years business development experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical environment
- Prior experience in dealing with corporate partners and in negotiating and completing agreements is required
- A thorough understanding of the processes of due diligence, asset valuation, alliance integration and portfolio management combined with a scientific and business acumen is also desirable
- Extensive contacts in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industrial community relevant to the licensing of targets, leads and drugs
- Must demonstrate maturity and seasoned judgment in reaching critical decisions
- Excellent people management skills and ability to align people and resources towards organizational success
- A wide degree of creativity and strategic thinking is expected
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions in a changing environment
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.