Director, Business Analytics
Commercial | London, England | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Kite Pharma is on a journey to becoming a leading global biopharmaceutical company and is poised to establish European commercial operations to prepare for the regulatory submission, commercialization and launch of KTE-C19.
The Director, Business Analytics and Effectiveness will report to the Head of EU Marketing and is a key role that will be responsible for understanding the broader business landscape encompassing business analytics, competitive intelligence, market research and eventually commercial effectiveness. As such this person will be a key member of the commercial team and will have an excellent growth opportunity over the next 2-3 years as the company grows. He/she will have primary responsibility for all aspects of business analysis and gathering market insights for the emerging product portfolio and assigned customer groups, including the identification of market research needs, and the design, execution and interpretation of market research studies. He/she will provide business analysis, analytical, strategic, financial modeling and market analytics services to both the EU and corporate organizations and will have to develop strong internal relationships with key internal stakeholders as well as with a variety of external audiences.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies to lead market assessments, competitive intelligence, data analysis, and revenue forecasting in local European markets.
- Select appropriate market research approach based on business needs. Conduct primary market research and manage vendor relationships and the research process. Investigate key questions, summarize findings and provide information to commercial customers.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and provide regular updates of any developments of competitors such as clinical trial completion, publication of data, or change in regulatory status
- Work with counterparts in other departments at Kite Pharma to ensure alignment with strategy and consistent use of messages.
- Conduct and apply analytical expertise by integrating multiple data sources, providing an objective viewpoint and put forward recommendations to support decision making.
- Provide recommendations on initiatives to optimize analysis across markets in Europe and ensure alignment with Kite global commercialization strategy.
- Ensure a high level of information and knowledge of Kite and competitor products and performance.
- Provide European market intelligence evaluations in support of business development initiatives.
- Continually review the format and content of monthly reporting suites to ensure they continue to reflect KPIs and business performance. Make recommendations on improvements as appropriate. Ensure that the local European market access activities comply with regulatory agencies, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures.
- Collaborate across Commercial, Medical Affairs, Finance, Legal, and other functional teams, to develop strategies that reflect all relevant current and projected market dynamics.
- Use strategic thinking and business analytics capabilities to provide analysis; generate insights and recommendations to support Kite leadership teams in the respective EU markets.
- Market Research & Competitor Intelligence - Own the market research process liaising with agency partners to influence the design and implementation of market research ensuring business questions are answered.
- Strong track-record within the pharmaceutical industry with a focus on delivery of analytics and research with understanding of the interdependencies across Europe.
- Strong ability to integrate data from multiple sources, apply strategic thinking and logically structure deliverables.
- Previous experience in local European market analysis; pricing, marketing, and sales a plus.
- Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Strong cross-functional collaboration across operations, marketing, finance, market access and International functions
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences;
- Fluency in English, with additional European languages such as German, French, Italian and /or Spanish preferred
- BA/BS degree required.
- MBA or post graduate degree preferred
- Requires ability to travel minimum of 20%