Director, Alliance Management
Strategy and Business Operations | Foster City or Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Director/Senior Director of Alliance Management within Kite Technical Operations. The position may be based either in Foster City or Santa Monica corporate locations. This key role is aimed at supporting the oversight of the implementation and effective execution of partnership agreements across the Technical Operations organization. This role will leverage Alliance Management best practices to create and maintain effective partnerships while upholding the interests of Kite.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Leads all alliance management responsibilities for potential and actual partnerships assigned within the Technical Operations organization.
- Works with the partner company to develop the direction and scope for implementation of the partnership agreement.
- Maintains healthy relationships with partner alliance management counterpart and other key stakeholders.
- Liaises with internal stakeholders such as Technical Operations functions, business development, legal, finance and commercial to ensure contract milestones, financial transactions and progress reports are handled appropriately.
- Drives negotiations on contract amendments in collaboration with Business Development
- Participates in negotiations as core team member with a focus on implementation of contractual arrangements
- Ensures existing and emerging conflicts are identified and lays out a roadmap for conflict resolution
- Engages regularly as a member in senior joint governance committees, driving outcome focused agendas
- Ensures Kite joint governance body members, senior leadership are briefed and aligned on alliance issues
- Maintains an excellent working relationship with internal Kite and Gilead business partners
- Bachelor's Degree required, ideally with a focus in science, business or finance.
- Ideal candidates will have an MBA, MS, or PhD in a relevant discipline or equivalent business experience.
- 7-10 years of related professional experience.
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical, cell therapy or biotechnology industry
- Good understanding of pharmaceutical/biotechnology development and commercialization preferentially with some direct experience in Alliance Management, Program Management or Business Development (minimum 5 years)
- Ideal candidates will have experience within a Technical Operations organization with exposure to Supply Chain, Quality, Product Sciences and Manufacturing processes and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize and resolve key partnering issues
- Has had measurable experience working with and coordinating the needs of multiple customers; both internal and external.
- Good understanding of financial, contractual and commercial disciplines
- Proven functional or team leadership skills and proven management by influence
- Proven track record of alliance management, consensus building and conflict management in challenging or difficult situations
- Excellent presentation skills to different audiences, including to senior management
- Inspires trust and respect.
- Must be willing to travel, up to 40%
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.