Corporate & Securities Attorney
Legal | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team. Kite is publicly traded (NASDAQ: KITE) with a current market well over $2 Billion.
The Associate will report to the company’s Corporate Counsel. The responsibility of the Associate will be assisting with securities filings and reviewing corporate publicity materials. The Associate will also be directly involved in complex business transactions and negotiating contracts. The Associate will provide advice to senior management, help manage the legal function, and obtain and oversee the work of outside counsel.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assist in the preparation and review of SEC reports (10Ks, 10Qs, 8Ks, Forms 3, 4 and 5, Proxy Statements)
- Oversee and implement compliance with requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX), as applicable
- Review press releases, advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs
- Provide continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters
- Negotiate, draft, review, summarize, research and execute a wide variety of agreements, including employment contracts, master service agreements, materials transfer agreements, clinical trial agreements, license agreements, real estate leases, confidentiality agreements, and other general business contracts
- Manage diligence activities in connection with financing activities, acquisitions, partnerships and other business transactions
- Select, retain, manage and evaluate outside counsel
- Advise executives within the company and work alongside employees in various business units
- Manage various projects and deadlines
- Manage contracts and other databases
- Advise executives on contract status, legal risks and business terms of various deals
- Provide assistance with joint ventures, strategic partnership deals, and mergers and acquisitions
- Ensure legal objectives are met
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes
- Develop solutions to complex legal questions
- Provide training to company and its affiliates on substantive legal topics
- Other duties as assigned
- JD with license to practice law in California
- At least 2 years of legal experience
- Overall broad legal knowledge (contracts, securities, corporate governance, etc.)
- Experience with preparing Exchange Act and Securities Act filings
- Experience drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements (employment contracts, master service agreements, materials transfer agreements, license agreements, real estate leases, purchase agreements, confidentiality agreements, clinical trial agreements and other general business contracts)
- Experience working on matters of corporate governance and with a board of directors
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Well-versed in operation of business
- First class interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a variety of contacts, including outside attorneys, senior management, and business associates
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Willingness to think outside of the box and adapt best practices to our small, but growing environment
- Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 400 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.