Cell Therapy Specialist
Manufacturing | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Kite is seeking a highly motivated individual with cell culture experience to work on innovative T cell therapy for cancer treatment. The Cell Therapy Specialist will be responsible for cell culture media preparation, cell processing and cell expansion in a cGMP clinical manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all tasks associated with the manufacture of clinical product following batch records and SOPs
- Work as part of a small team to execute GMP runs in close collaboration with Product Sciences and Quality
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures, batch records, deviations and change controls
- Successfully troubleshoot processing and equipment issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires bachelors degree and/or advanced degree with a 3 or more years of cGMP experience in a manufacturing pharmaceutical/biotechnology environment
- Cell culture processing experience
- Previous experience with cell therapy products is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing of biotechnology products, aseptic processing, cell culture products
- Strict adherence to SOPs and cGMP regulations, the ability to accurately complete documentation associated with clinical manufacturing
- Excellent aseptic/sterile techniques and prior experience with cell culture, cell culture equipment including Wave bioreactors
- Experience with handling and propagation of human primary cells, including T cells
- Excellent skill in Microsoft word, Excel and data analysis
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to work off-shift and long hours as required
- Ability to lift over 30 lbs
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.