Cell Therapy Specialist
Manufacturing | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team. Kite is publicly traded (NASDAQ: KITE) with a current market well over $2 Billion.
Kite is seeking a highly motivated individual with cell culture experience to work on innovative T cell therapy for cancer treatment. The Cell Therapy Specialist will be responsible for cell culture media preparation, cell processing and cell expansion in a cGMP clinical manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Perform all tasks associated with the manufacture of clinical product following batch records and SOPs
- Work as part of a small team to execute GMP runs in close collaboration with Product Sciences and Quality
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures, batch records, deviations and change controls
- Successfully troubleshoot processing and equipment issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degree with a 3 or more years of cGMP experience in a manufacturing pharmaceutical/biotechnology environment
- Cell culture processing experience
- Previous experience with cell therapy products is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing of biotechnology products, aseptic processing, cell culture products
- Strict adherence to SOPs and cGMP regulations, the ability to accurately complete documentation associated with clinical manufacturing
- Excellent aseptic/sterile techniques and prior experience with cell culture, cell culture equipment including Wave bioreactors
- Experience with handling and propagation of human primary cells, including T cells
- Excellent skill in Microsoft word, Excel and data analysis
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to work off-shift and long hours as required
- Ability to lift over 30 lbs
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Drive and right off the 10. We are able to offer the upside of working in a small, but growing company where everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.