Associate, Quality Control Sample Management (Contract)
Quality | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company based in Santa Monica, California. Kite is engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term, durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a QC Sample Management Associate in our new commercial cell therapy production center located in El Segundo CA. You will work with the Quality Control team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This role will be a hands-on resource reporting to the QC Associate Director of Microbiology. In this role you will be responsible for managing QC samples from manufacturing.
We currently have openings for the following shifts:
Sunday through Thursday, second shift.
Tuesday through Saturday second shift.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Perform receipt of QC samples, including processing and distribution to QC labs
- Manage QC retains and disposal of samples
- Revise and review SOPs
- Ship samples off site for testing
- Perform inventory of lab supplies and materials
- Perform supporting assays such as pH, cell counts, incubation of samples
- Gather metric information for use in continuous improvement of areas of responsibility
- Perform other duties as required
- Associate degree in Life Sciences preferred with 2+ years of Biology or Biochemistry lab or sample management experience
- Experience in aseptic techniques and clean room operations
- Strong knowledge of GMP, GDP, SOPs and quality control processes
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to lift 25 lbs and work with dry ice and LN2 freezers
- Ability to be flexible with schedule, and work overtime as needed
- Experience with LIMS or Freezer Works software a plus