Associate Director, Procurement Category Management
Supply Chain | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite, a Gilead company, is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
The Associate Director will be responsible for managing the portfolio of external service providers across the Kite organization supporting R&D, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Commercial operations. This position will be accountable for the business relationship and performance of external service providers. The Associate Director will partner with cross-functional representatives (e.g. R&D, Product Sciences, Manufacturing, Facilities, Supply Chain, Quality, IT, Finance, and others) to provide sourcing and procurement solutions to meet internal customer needs. He/She will be responsible for developing the procurement strategy for the category and an action plan for providers which takes into account factors including total cost of ownership, risk, supplier performance and lifecycle management. The Associate Director will leverage their knowledge of the category landscape to perform sourcing activities including request for proposals and negotiate supply/service agreements in collaboration with Legal and Finance to deliver value for Kite.
He/She will contribute to the continuous improvement of Kite’s sourcing and procurement policies and procedures.
The role may also include managing staff, training and development and up to 20% travel time may be required.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Develop and execute external supplier category strategy using data analysis, internal customer needs and supplier landscape knowledge.
- Collaborate and build productive relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders to identify opportunities to gain efficiencies and costs savings while fulfilling business requirements.
- Prepare request for proposal and quotes. Negotiate pricing, supply agreements and amendments to support business needs.
- Develop business cases for procurement technology solutions and system enhancements.
- Establish and foster effective relationships with key suppliers.
- Develop and track supplier scorecards focusing on quality, customer service and cost. Monitor performance through periodic business reviews with key suppliers and drive performance improvement.
- Support internal risk assessments and mitigation plans; escalate business risks to proper level of management.
- Assist Quality units in supplier investigations, complaints, change control and follow up on implementation of corrective actions with suppliers.
- Drive continuous improvement sourcing and procurement business process processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences with 8+ years of relevant experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry; MBA is a plus
- Experience in procurement processes, category management and sourcing of external services for the pharmaceutical/biotech industry including for example clinical trials, QC testing, Facilities, Maintenance and Logistics.
- Experience in data analysis and ability to draw insights to support category strategy and business cases.
- Track record in improving supplier performance, customer service and delivering value.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry quality requirements and GMP’s.
- Experience in partnering with R&D, Operations and Commercial functions, continuous improvement, influence at all levels of the organization, collaboration and cross-functional team leadership.
- Demonstrated business acumen and experience in contract negotiation and administration.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- Collaborate well in cross-functional matrix environment, ability to communicate and work independently with scientific/technical personnel.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding strategic skills with the ability to transform general goals into actionable plans.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in e-procurement and B2B operations.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Oracle EBS and other applications.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance requirements.
- This position may require travel up to 20% of time.
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.