Associate Director, Medical Information
Medical Affairs | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team. Kite is publicly traded (NASDAQ: KITE) with a current market capitalization well over $2 Billion.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Senior Manager/Associate Director of Medical Information. This position in based in Santa Monica, CA and reports to the Director of Medical Information. Primarily, this position is responsible for supporting the central management of medical information related to Kite Pharma’s CAR and TCR investigational therapies along with oversight of external communications in response to unsolicited medical inquiries. It is expected this individual will work cross-functionally with internal teams to support Medical Information launch plans for our leading product candidate, KTE-C19 (axicabtagene ciloleucel). This person will conduct routine literature surveillance surrounding the hematology/oncology landscape, author standard response letters, and maintain quality control over medical information services. This role requires exceptional organizational and project management skills along with high proficiency in technical writing and verbal communication.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Management of Kite Pharma’s centralized medical information database including document access, tracking, storage and retrieval
- Authorship of standard response letters and FAQ documents to be used by Call Center personnel and field-based medical professionals in response to unsolicited medical inquiries
- Directly and independently handle unsolicited medical inquiries escalated to the level of Senior Manager/ Associate Director
- Utilize expertise and functional knowledge of the literature to collaboratively and effectively work within cross-functional teams to provide scientific input into the development strategy of Kite Pharma investigative therapies
- Ongoing literature surveillance of hematology/oncology landscape to ensure timely internal communication of key scientific findings
- Support ongoing training for Call Center personnel, review/update standard response letters, FAQ documents, and maintain quality control procedures.
- Represent Kite Pharma at major scientific meetings and conferences
- Advanced degree in the life sciences (PharmD, RN, PhD, MD)
- 5+ years of experience in the industry
- Strong technical reading, writing and communication skills
- Prior corporate experience in hematology/oncology therapeutic area is highly preferred
- Prior experience in Medical Information and reference database management is preferred
- Highly motivated to function proactively, operate with a sense of urgency and bring tasks to completion
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as a key contributor to multi-departmental teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large number of complex projects simultaneously
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 500 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.