Associate Director, CMC Program Management
Program Management | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of Associate Director, Program Management to work in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This individual will work closely with the Technical Operations / CMC teams to ensure clarity of strategy, to manage specific cell therapy projects/programs, and to facilitate communication across all parties.
Responsibilities (include but limited to):
- Serve as program manager and provide leadership, coordination, and cross-functional communication to enable Tech Ops & CMC teams to meet team & corporate goals
- Develop high quality integrated cross functional project/program plans, manage program activities, and control timelines
- Work with Tech Ops / CMC teams to identify key risks, timeline and resource issues, and develop mitigation plans
- Develop communications and presentations relating to program strategy, status, critical path activity timing, resources required, and related issues and/or risks, and communicate both internally and to partners as appropriate
- Maintain, track, report and understand variances in the integrated program budget by working in close collaboration with functional contributors and finance
- Participate in the planning and execution of regulatory activities, including IND filings
- Maintain tools for internal and external communication about program goals and progress (program dashboards etc.)
- Effectively manage team meetings by ensuring that objectives are clearly defined, capturing and disseminating meeting outcomes/information/action items, and following up on critical actions with teams
- Work closely with external partners to organize team meetings, coordinate schedules and follow-up on action items
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 8 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience in program or program management with a strong understanding of drug development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required and an MBA or PhD a plus
- Project Management certification or equivalent is a plus
- Able to express ideas and present information effectively within teams, functions, and with external partners
- Demonstrate active listening and constructive feedback within team, ability to facilitate problem solving, decision making, and issue resolution
- Demonstrated analytical and technology skills, including proficiency in project planning tools, content management tools, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong program management skills including: communicating across the organization to align on shared goals and responsibilities, working with teams to clarify vision and direction, developing work plans to meet goals, managing teams to meet goals and deliverables, tracking progress toward plan, highlighting areas of risk and developing mitigation plans, identifying options and facilitating decisions to enable programs to move forward, ability to plan and facilitate effective, efficient meetings and ability to multi-task while working within a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Boulevard and right off the 10 Freeway. We are able to offer the upside of working in a small, but growing company where everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commiserate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.