Administration | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team. Kite is publicly traded (NASDAQ: KITE) with a current market well over $2 Billion.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as an Administrative Assistant to the Director of Administration. You will manage a wide range of support functions in a fast paced, growing environment. You will be a key member of the team and like everyone on the team you may be asked to jump in to assist in areas outside of your primary responsibilities. You will be flexible, proactive, and resourceful with a high level of professionalism. Confidentiality is crucial to this role. This position is contract to hire with an anticipated 3 month period before a full-time position will be considered.
Responsibilities (include but limited to):
- Manage schedules and coordinate travel and logistics
- Prepare materials and presentations for meetings and set up rooms as needed
- Complete and process expense reports
- Answer calls and assist in managing emails
- Provide general administrative support, including providing copies, maintaining files and updating shared files on the server
- Restock office and common area supplies
- Provide Reception backup coverage on a daily basis
- Assist in coordinating interviews and greeting candidates
- Assist with planning company and department events
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of’ experience in an office or administrative role with at least 2 years in a scientific organization (preferably in a biotechnology setting)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Skilled in organizing and prioritizing competing time demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and partner with all levels of the organization
- Strong competence in Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Upbeat, service-oriented demeanor and can-do attitude
- Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 300 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.