Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager
Finance | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma Inc, founded in 2009, is dedicated to the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to fight tumor cells. We are a small, dynamic and accomplished team with an exciting growth trajectory for the coming year.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as the Accounting and Reporting Manager. You will work with the finance team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. You will be hands-on manager and will be responsible for the financial and SEC reporting and general accounting activities of the Company. You will manage the Company’s financial reporting/disclosure compliance, as well as, develop, implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures. You will report to the VP, Corporate Controller.
Responsibilities (include but limited to):
- Manage the financial and external SEC reporting process
- Develop and implement financial reporting standards
- Develop and implement internal control policies and procedures for SOX 404 compliance
- Assist with quarterly closing process, including account reconciliations and journal entry recording
- Assist with the annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Oversee and manage stock option program and ESPP, including transition to 3rd party administrator
- Oversee accounts payable and purchasing functions
- Support budgeting process, including budget to actual analysis
- Support cash management and treasury functions
- Other duties as assigned
- BA in Accounting or related field required (or relevant experience)
- 5+ years of experience in similar role in biotechnology industry
- 5+ years working in a public company
- Working knowledge of accounting systems such as QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics (f/k/a Great Plains), and SAGE/MAS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, results oriented and cross-functional team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- CPA and revenue recognition experience highly desirable
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Drive and right off the 10. We are able to offer the upside of working in a small, but growing company where everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commiserate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.