MAT Behavioral Heath Provider
Behavioral Health | Hickory, NC | Full Time
Summary of Position
Provides direct clinical behavioral health services to clinic patients. Coordinates services with medical provider and other clinic staff to facilitate the provision of holistic, whole-person healthcare for all patients. Provides behavioral health and substance abuse screening, brief intervention, education, and referral services for patients. Provides ongoing consultation and treatment planning support for medical staff at partnering clinics in their work with patients with psycho-social, behavioral health, chronic disease, behavior change, and/or substance use concerns. Assess and provide substance use behavioral health treatment as part of a Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) team, with specific care for the perinatal population. Is knowledgeable of and adheres to all policies, professional practice standards, philosophies and requirements for professional practice.
- Excellent and effective written and oral communication skills.Interacts in a friendly, professional manner with a wide range of patients, operations staff, physicians, other departments, and community partners in a friendly, professional manner.
- Knowledge of psycho-social experiences of patients with substance use diagnoses, particularly opiate use, and various forms of treatment.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete delegated task with attention to detail and efficient time management.
- Ability to implement an integrated care service line into a partnering clinic and comfortable with program development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint use and email communication.
Education: Master’s Degree
Experience Required: Minimum two years experience in a public health setting
Professional Licensure: Licensed Clinical Social Worker Certification in good standing with the Social Work Certification and Licensure Board of North Carolina. Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist preferred.
Certification(s) : None Required
- Practice reflects adherence to NASW Code of Ethics.
- Develops and continually nurtures a relationship with a partnering clinic to create and provides an integrated care service line that addresses mental health, substance use, crisis, chronic disease, and psycho-social issues.
- Specifically assesses patients for appropriateness of MAT services, creates and delivers patient presentations to MAT team for decision making, provides substance use treatment and other psychotherapy to a panel of MAT patients, and provides weekly updates to team.
- Performs behavioral health assessments of patients and family members to formulate diagnosis and identify emotional, social, and environmental strengths and problems related to their condition, treatment, and/or life situation Formulates and implements a comprehensive plan of care using appropriate treatment modalities, interventions, and available community resources.
- Provides psycho-education to patient and family regarding issues pertaining to patient’s diagnosis, treatment, and/or life situation.
- Assists with screening, identification, diagnosis, management, and treatment of mental health, substance issues, abuse, neglect, domestic violence, etc.
- Provides consultative services to health care team members within the scope of care definitions as needed, and provides training to other health care professionals as needed.
- Completes, in a timely manner, all required documentation related to patient treatment, payment for services rendered, and organizational operations.
- Engages in continuing education to maintain licensure and enhance professional competence relevant to medical and legal issues that impact patient care.
- Maintains working knowledge of and liaison with community agencies and resources.
- Refers to and collaborates with other behavioral health professionals when appropriate.