Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Behavioral Health | Catawba County, NC | Full Time
Summary of Position: Provides direct clinical behavioral health services to clinic patients. Facilitates referral for additional appropriate care, as necessary. Coordinates services with PCP and other clinic staff. Is knowledgeable of and adheres to all policies, professional practice standards, philosophies and requirements for professional practice.
Education: Master’s Degree.
Experience Required: Minimum two years’ experience in a public health setting
Professional Licensure: Licensed Clinical Social Worker Certification in good standing with the Social Work Certification and Licensure Board of North Carolina.
Certification(s) : None
1. Practice reflects adherence to NASW Code of Ethics.
2. Performs behavioral health assessments of patients and family members to formulate diagnosis and identify emotional, social, and environmental strengths and problems related to their condition, treatment, and/or life situation.
3. Formulates and implements a comprehensive plan of care using appropriate treatment modalities, interventions, and available community resources.
4. Provides psycho-education to patient and family regarding issues pertaining to patient’s diagnosis, treatment, and/or life situation.
5. Assists primary care providers with screening, identification, diagnosis, management, and treatment of mental illness, substance issues, abuse, neglect, domestic violence, etc.
6. Provides consultative services to health care team members within the scope of care definitions as needed, and provides training to other health care professionals as needed.
7. Completes, in a timely manner, all required documentation related to patient treatment, payment for services rendered, and organizational operations.
8. Arranges, procures, and coordinates pre- and post-hospital needs for patients and their families.
9. Engages in continuing education to maintain licensure and enhance professional competence relevant to medical and legal issues that impact patient care.
10. Maintains working knowledge of and liaison with community agencies and resources.
11. Refers to and collaborates with other behavioral health professionals when appropriate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
Please visit our website here before applying