Clinical Support Specialist
Administrative | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Clinical Support Specialist
Our ideal candidate will...
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned and within the MA scope of practice. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to vital signs, procedures, and patient education.
- Assist patient in navigating care through the encounter process to minimize ambiguity
- Accurately document all aspects of patient encounters required for job functions
- Tracks and document closed loop communication with patients, including but not limited to labs, return calls, refills and more.
- Communicate with external and internal parties as needed to facilitate continuity of care.
- Fulfills supportive assignment on time and unprompted. Assignments may include but are not limited performing controls, instrument maintenance, infection control, ordering, sorting, storing supplies, and restocking for Clinical Simulation Lab.
- Guard patient privacy and comply with HIPAA regulations at all times.
- Participates in staff meetings as required.
- Employee teaching and assisting with development of new evidenced based practice guidelines.
- Complete annual competencies within the required time frame.
- Adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Able to document patient encounters correctly and completely in EMR.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships thereby communicating with clinical staff to facilitate mentor-ship and coaching, when indicated for staff.
- Travel to clinics as directed by the Clinical Nurse Educator to evaluate and gather information on clinical assessments and workflow of the clinic.
- Work closely with the Clinical Nurse Educator and other disciplines to assist in developing plans to improve the clinical workflow.
- Model expected behaviors for MA staff upholding the core values of Kintegra Health.
- Participate in / support quality improvement, meaningful use and patient-centered medical home activities.
- Assist in clinics when needed with the approval of the Clinical Nurse Educator. Practice Manager will make every attempt to cover the shift at their clinic and will not request clinical assistance from MA due to PTO coverage.
- Assist with new hire orientation, employee health indicators, serve as EMR trainer back-up as needed when directed by the Clinical Educator.
- Will assist with Employee Wellness activities as assigned by the Clinical Nurse Educator.
- Will assist in the Clinical Simulation lab under the direct supervision of the Clinical Nurse Educator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED; Desired: Certificate, diploma or degree in the discipline
Experience Required: 3 year of related work preferred or OJT for ≥4 years
Professional Licensure: N/A
Certification(s) : CPR