Lifeguard | Denville, NJ | Part Time
Do you have a passion for swimming and helping others? We are looking for a passionate Lifeguard/Swim Instructor to help our members improve their swimming in our indoor pool facility located in Denville, New Jersey. This is an hourly, part time position. Flexible schedule. Immediate need for early morning, day time & closing.
A typical day could include:
• Having fun teaching a life skill to our youngest members!
• Evaluating members swimming ability to determine the correct swim level
• Maintaining the cleanliness and order of our Aquatics Facilities
- Teach children and/or adults how to swim; instruct both individual lessons and group swim classes
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
- Enforce safety rules and provide appropriate supervision for the pool area, in order to ensure a safe environment
- Anticipate hazardous conditions and take precautionary measures
- Render first aid and CPR within the scope of employee's certifications
- Maintain pool area so that area is kept clean and safe at all times
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for all members
- Attend training or staff meetings as scheduled
- Maintain appropriate certifications
- Quickly and efficiently responds to member questions, comments, and concerns
- Promotes and sells all Aquatics programs and services
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard training certification with CPR/AED and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer. Emergency Oxygen training a plus.
- Must have functional lifeguarding and rescue skills to effectively respond to emergency situations. Swim lesson instruction or coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to swim the major strokes of Front Crawl, Backstroke, Breaststroke and Butterfly
- Excellent customer service skills, energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationship with members of all ages
- Comfortable working with all age groups, including children
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Ability to acknowledge difficult situations and respond accordingly
- Ability to make decisions quickly and easily
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends.