Digital | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Fenty Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Marc Jacobs Beauty and Bite Beauty.
A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora. Each brand also drives their business through their own E-Commerce site, creating a community of customers and driving unique storytelling about the products.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The VP of E-commerce is responsible for bringing to life the global, overall dotcom P&L and consumer experience for all of Kendo’s amazing brands. This position oversees E-commerce Merchandising, Site Experience (across desktop, mobile and tablet), CRM, Digital Marketing, Performance Marketing and Analytics, Call Center/Client Service, E-mail, Development and E-com operations. We are seeking a dynamic, inspirational business leader who will drive long term growth to the E-Commerce business and oversee an internal team of approximately 20 Kendoites across 3 key teams and, in addition, external contractors and agencies.
- Own the E-commerce P&L including understanding key performance indicators, ensuring business hits targets, pulling appropriate levers to drive sales and finding cost efficiencies across the business.
- Lead the Dotcom brand/product team which includes e-com marketing calendars, onsite assortment strategy, visual merchandising of all Kendo sites and email properties and working with Dotcom Inventory to ensure high in-stock positions.
- Drive site experience and strategy, which includes defining an end-to-end consumer-led vision for our site and ensuring Kendo offers consumers a best in class shopping and brand experiences. As part of this, site personalization, targeting and testing (A/B and MVT) will be key.
- Orchestrate all Digital marketing functions. Areas of responsibility include email marketing, mobile marketing, social marketing, paid search, SEO, affiliate and display marketing. Responsibility for driving the marketing vision across these channels, as well as budget ownership to optimize spend.
- Lead for Customer Service and CS strategy. This includes managing the customer service experience both online (bots, chat, etc.) and offline (3rd party call center) ensuring best in class/differentiated service across all our brands. Results and improvements will be measured quantitatively and qualitatively and reported monthly.
- Drive technology roadmaps to strategically drive sales and conversions.
- Build and lead analytics function including ensuring fine-tuned capabilities to track, measure and report on all KPIs - with special attention paid to site performance, performance marketing results and inventory management.
- Orchestrate operations including order management, ownership of payment and fraud web services, EDI receipt, and transactional flow of all orders. Manage the relationship and SLAs for all external operational partners.
- Together with the Head of Performance Marketing & Analytics build out the Performance Marketing Team and Data Team.
- Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Experience running medium to large scale E-commerce business for a consumer / retail organization, including P&L ownership
- Proven business strategy, planning, analytical, complex problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills; ability to set vision and strategy across a variety of functions, inspire and motivate large teams
- E-commerce performance marketing and merchandising experience with strong understanding of key levers and opportunities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain relationships with business partners at all levels
- Ability to balance client experience, business needs, and resources to ensure correct prioritization of cross-functional work
- Ability to manage multiple projects, people, and initiatives in parallel
- High energy and flexible in a constantly evolving environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of consumer mindset/ consumer orientation
- Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA preferred
- Minimum experience:
- 15+ years of consumer-based experience, preferably retail
- 7+ years’ experience running medium to large scale E-commerce business, including P&L ownership
- 10+ years of managing a team