Supply Planning Manager
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
Drive inventory planning strategies to maintain proper Inventory levels at distribution centers (Domestic and International). Identify buy strategy to maximize savings based on Tiered Pricing for Finished Goods vs Inventory Holding Cost. Build strong internal relationships with cross functional teams. Work closely with the Demand Planning team to accurately build Inventory needs for DC’s. Partner with the Production team to ensure orders are placed, inventory is produced and shipped on time. Responsible for reporting out to Kendo Brand Leadership teams and external partner’s inventory challenges and resolutions. Currently a Manager title in responsibility and strategy needs, but does not currently have direct reports.
- Manage stock levels at Distribution centers by reviewing demand planner’s forecasts, weeks-on-hand and suppliers’ lead times to maximize sales and optimize inventory levels by Brand and Channel. Build and pass purchase orders to Procurement Team.
- Evaluate productivity of all SKUS to manage potential inventory liabilities, overstocks and minimize obsolescence; recommend product transition from active to discontinue as appropriate.
- Utilize MRP Resources and continue to identify opportunities for internal system improvements/reporting
- Provide monthly reporting (i.e., Out of stock report, DC inbound/outbound quantities, S&OP Inventory Overview) and maintain key department files (i.e., Stock Status, Master AUC file); provide analysis, insights and recommendations on the data.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional teams, act as an effective liaison between Allocations, Procurement and Demand Planning. Goal is to maximize in-stocks to support >95% fill by SKU, while maintaining EOY Financial Inventory Targets.
- Manage Inventory Budget, Inventory Composition Health and report out on metrics each month in the Sales and Operations Meeting.
- Lead and own additional projects as requested.
- Minimum 5 years wholesale or retail planning, buying and/or supply chain experience; wholesale experience a plus (BA, BS preferred).
- Previous MRP planning experience
- Proficiency with MS Office, with advanced Excel skills.
- Previous experience in application and process deployment a plus.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to compile and analyze large sets of data.
- Resourceful problem solver with the ability to use tools and resources to answer questions.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to identify problems in data intuitively.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, team player with the ability to work independently as well as with cross functional teams.