Sr. Manager, Social Media Marketing - KVD Vegan Beauty
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
KVD Vegan Beauty firmly believes in cat eyes for all. Our products are 100% high-performance, vegan and cruelty-free, and targeted for hard core makeup lovers, makeup artists and the creative class.
As the Sr. Social Media Marketing Manager, KVD Vegan Beauty – a global top-10 beauty brand and pioneer in vegan beauty -- you will be responsible for ideating, curating, planning, developing and executing the vision for our social media strategy, uncovering insights, driving + sharing results and helping to lead the passionate and very capable, small but mighty social media team. This job is highly collaborative, with many stakeholders in brand/sales, product development, education, PR, retail/product marketing, creative and international, among others.
This job is “part art and part science” - and you must be a makeup junkie and product marketing whiz.
- You will be expected to be both highly creative with an exceptional taste level and understanding of our aesthetic, our target consumers, brand DNA. You can develop and bring to life social campaigns with proven results
- You are also highly-business and data-oriented. You have a keen understanding of social KPI’S, how to create an annual roadmap (and budget ) – to bring our brand and product campaigns to life. You have a deep understanding of engagement, growth, analytics, ranking, and social tools to identify what works and what doesn't, why, and the plan for the future.
- Lead the development of best-in-class social strategy and content curation for all key product launches and always-on marketing campaigns as well as brand and retail moments
- Lead creative brainstorms and content/campaign ideation, helping us to answer: what is the big idea on social? Who are they key partners? What would the viral bet be?
- Utilize analytics platforms and survey competitive landscape to share insights and trends and related action plans in real-time.
- Be a strategic thought partner and collaborate with the cross-functional teams and international to create and drive social media roadmap projects to deliver brand and customer growth as well as best practices and influencer strategies, including recaps and updates
- Manage and inspire a team of social marketing managers and associate managers to help articulate and execute the social strategy across each piece of the business
- Serve as a thought leader in Social Media and share best practices, general guidance and the implications of platform updates with broader teams
- Develop and present comprehensive social strategies and reports to senior management
- Manage annual organic social budget, forecasting, planning and tracking to optimize spend based on business objectives
- Help content creation and curation process, including briefing in social photo and video shoots (including photo and video shoots) for organic and paid social based on product storytelling
- Negotiate with mega influencer agents to ensure right talent, right product, right idea for our social including usage in other mediums and cost saving measures
- Help define overall influencer and talent strategy and deliver, including newness and core campaigns, regional cat eye ambassadors
- 6 to 8 years in Social Media /Influencer Marketing
- Exceptional Leadership Skills (proven experience managing, inspiring and leading a team)
- Passion for makeup, color and beauty industry (different from skincare)
- Bachelor’s Degree - in Marketing, Communications, Social and/or or PR preferred
- Proven track record / portfolio of ideating and delivering social campaigns with high results
- Collaborative and kind
- Responsible and reliable
- Strong creative eye for beauty content, high taste/aesthetic
- Strong analytical skills for measuring/tracking success and KPIs.
- Qualitative and Quantitative research skills, including the ability to interpret social insights and data and translate it into actionable business results.
- Exceptional time and project management skills
- Capable and driven to quickly learn new technologies and continually upgrade current skill set.
- Flexible and positive attitude; able to work independently and within teams
- Deep understanding of social media platforms: Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and what’s next
- Familiarity with social media management tools: analytics and scheduling platforms (e.g. Simply Measured, Later, Dash Hudson, Curalate, Social Flow, Tweetdeck, Hoot Suite, etc).
- Experience with community management, customer service, and social engagement.
- Exceptional writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice.
- Can demonstrate flexibility and composure under pressure