Sr. Manager, Social Media Marketing, Fenty Beauty
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
As the Sr. Social Media Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for leading, planning, development and distribution of social media marketing campaigns. As a key strategic lead, you will ensure that all social support of marketing campaigns and initiatives delivers on Fenty Beauty’s overarching social strategy and KPI’s. The Sr. Social Media Manager will work closely with the Digital, Marketing, Creative and Brand Management teams to help meet brand objectives.
Candidates should have strong creative writing and verbal communication skills, as well as a knowledge of the digital media space, particularly in beauty. Candidates should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and have a can-do attitude. Efficiency is your motto – exceptional organizational and time management skills; able to juggle multiple on-going priorities at the same time. Candidates should be on the cusp of social innovation—always ahead of what’s next and trends within social and digital and has a deep-seated passion for social media. Candidate should also have a strong creative eye for beauty.
- Lead the development of best-in-class social strategy for key launches and always-on marketing campaigns
- Lead the content strategy and planning for key “tentpole” moments throughout the year,
- Lead creative brainstorms and content/campaign ideation.
- Utilize analytics platforms and survey competitive landscape to share insights and trends in real-time.
- Be a strategic thought partner and collaborate with the cross-functional teams to create and drive social media roadmap projects to deliver brand and customer growth
- Manage and inspire a team of social marketing managers and associate managers to help articulate and execute the social strategy across each piece of the business
- Serve as a thought leader in Social Media and share best practices, general guidance and the implications of platform updates with broader teams
- Be a strategic thought partner and leader in Social Media to cross functional teams sharing best practices, general guidance and the implications of platform updates
- Develop and present comprehensive social strategies and reports to senior management
- Manage annual organic social budget & optimize spend based on business objectives
- Manage content creation and curation process (including photo and video shoots) for organic and paid social
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years in Social Media Marketing or equivalent experience preferred
- Passion for the beauty industry and strong interest in the digital space.
- Creative, innovative personality that is always thinking outside of the box.
- Extensive experience with Social Media Management Systems and Social Listening/Analytics tools.
- Creative eye for beauty content
- Deep understanding of social media platforms: Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc
- Familiarity with social media management tools: analytics and scheduling platforms (e.g. Simply Measured, Later, Dash Hudson, Curalate, Social Flow, Tweetdeck, Hoot Suite, etc).
- Strong analytical skills for measuring/tracking success and KPIs.
- Qualitative research skills, including the ability to interpret social insights and data and translate it into actionable business results.
- Experience working across digital media and creative: drawing connections between the brand identity and marketing objectives to inform differentiated and effective new media programs that engage customers, increase awareness and spark advocacy
- Flexible and positive attitude; able to work independently and within teams
- Experience with community management, customer service, and social engagement.
- Exceptional time and project management skills
- Capable and driven to quickly learn new technologies and continually upgrade current skill set.
- Exceptional writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice.
- Time-management, budget and organizational skills
- Can demonstrate flexibility and composure under pressure
- Strategic, proactive and supportive qualities
- Attention to detail, responsible, and reliable.