Sr. Manager, Packaging Development, OleHenriksen
Packaging | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
For Ole Henriksen, great skin begins with a positive outlook—an effervescent optimism and zest for life that allows you to glow from the inside out. His Scandinavian heritage and colorful nature led him to design a simple, joyful, yet powerful approach to skincare.
The OLEHENRIKSEN skincare collection is built on a product philosophy of exfoliate, treat and soothe, which originated in Ole’s Beverly Hills spa, to bring incredible, transformative results to clients all over the world. Each product in the line—from easy daily regimens to professional-strength systems—combines efficacious powerful actives, natural botanicals and essential fatty acids to address clients’ skin concerns. As a tribute to Ole’s spa heritage, intoxicating scents and luxurious textures create a total experience that delights the senses.
The Sr. Manager, Packaging Development - Ole Henriksen will collaborate with Product Development, Regulatory, Brand Management and Operations in order to develop high quality, innovative, first-to-market products/packages.
- Manage and drive package development, innovation and quality for Ole Henriksen skincare line
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners regarding timelines, costs, MOQ, and package design and features
- Ideate seasonal concepts with giftable, collectible packaging
- Improve and optimize the quality and performance of existing core products
- Review technical specs (2D and 3D) to develop both stock and custom packages
- Partner with team on component design and material selection
- Evaluate submissions with team for unified feedback
- Meet tooling and launch deadlines while meeting or exceeding gross margin targets
- Actively contribute in brand specific product development meetings
- Survey competitive landscape to develop best-in-class product/package combinations
- Request, follow-up and distribute samples in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Passionate about skincare and packaging
- Must have a college degree with at least 7+ years relevant work experience, beauty industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization and planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to work either independently or with cross-functional teams in a fast moving/changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with exceptional attention to detail
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required