Sr. Manager, KVDVeganBeauty.com
Digital | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Senior Manager, KVDVeganBeauty.com is responsible for assuring the site drives profitable digital sales growth for the brand. This role oversees all aspects of the site (merchandising, content, promotions, site enhancements) and all marketing channels driving to it (email, SMS, SEO, paid search, paid social and affiliate partnerships).
The ideal candidate loves the beauty industry, can win over hearts and minds with creative storytelling, can sift through multiple data sources to find actionable opportunities, and has an aptitude to manage multiple projects. Collaboration, executive presence, and strong relationship-building skills are essential. The role has one direct report, is part of a diverse cross-functional team, and manages relationships with third-party vendors.
- Serve as general manager of KVDVeganBeauty.com to assure all aspects of site and marketing channels driving to it meet profitability targets.
- Forecast annual, monthly and weekly sales and expenses needed to achieve profitability targets. Provide recurring updates to leadership on financial performance and plans to mitigate risks and seize opportunities.
- Manage and negotiate expenses, ensuring projects and vendors stay within budget. Monitor invoices for accuracy and submit for payment. Track, measure and report on project results.
- Build & present ROI-based business cases to leadership to secure funding above budget.
Campaign Calendar Management
- Own ecommerce marketing calendar including promotions, website content, emails, SMS and paid ads. Partner with internal stakeholders to assure ecommerce content and inventory levels support the overall brand strategy while meeting traffic and sales goals.
- Continually devise efficient processes that optimize marketing messages in influenced channels such as organic social, media publishers and affiliate.
- Participate in the content creation process including creative briefs, providing feedback, passing assets to third-party marketing partners and assuring error-free content is loaded on site and in all marketing channels.
Digital Marketing Expert
- Understand and execute best in class digital marketing practices that balance brand storytelling with sales tactics.
- Optimize owned channels, including email and SEO, leveraging the insight of outside experts as needed.
- Manage relationship with third-party marketing partners, including paid ads and affiliates. Continually inform them of campaigns, product launches and KPI targets. Assure they are delivering the best consumer experience to drive sales with a test-and-learn mindset.
- Identify opportunities to AB test copy and visual content; share and implement learnings.
- Stay current on innovations in digital marketing and ecommerce technologies and through conferences and competitive benchmarking.
Website Development and Operations
- Identify opportunities for the full online shopping journey through web metrics and competitor analysis.
- Partner with Product Development to devise development roadmap and prioritize site enhancements.
- Ideate and prioritize AB tests; provide signoff for testing and implementation.
- Research new technologies to determine if they add value to the customer journey. Regularly review portfolio of digital tools for alternatives.
- Partner with warehouse operations and customer service teams to ensure on-time delivery of orders and on-brand client experience at every touchpoint.
Lead & Manage
- Cultivate strong relationships with cross-functional teams including: Brand Management, Brand Marketing, Creative, and Finance.
- Manage portfolio of third-party vendors with duties that include setting clear expectations, measuring goals and assuring deliverables are met.
- Manage and develop one direct report with potential for additional reports.
- BA or BS degree. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7 years combined work experience in ecommerce and digital marketing.
- Fluent understanding of best-in-class digital marketing and ecommerce practices.
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to interpret and translate data into action. Advanced Excel skills required. Experience with Google Analytics preferred.
- Experience with ecommerce platforms such as Salesforce Business Manager and Shopify.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an apt for influencing and storytelling.
- Experience leading direct and indirect teams with a track record for developing others.