Sr. Manager, eComm Operations
Digital | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
Overall, this role will lead all facets of digital operations from end-to-end and maintain high quality day-to-day performance of websites, systems, services and vendors. The Operations Manager will work cross-functionally to implement and operationalize new infrastructure initiatives on time/on budget. This role will also conduct vendor selection, managing integrated vendor partnerships and application of integrations. In this role you will execute against ad hoc projects as needed including email, personalization and multi-variant testing, as well as define new processes, create business cases to outline value and operate effectively with areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Oversee new implementations and maintenance of the digital operations tool kit across websites, payments, ERP, 3PL systems, networking and customer service.
- Chase down issues impacting performance, project timelines and communicate action plans with eCommerce partners and leadership.
- Apply an analytical approach to identify opportunities, investigate issues through resolution, raise escalations and align key resources.
- Manage a continuous improvement of process, knowledge & tools with a strong feedback loop.
- Build trusted relationships with eCommerce business leaders, across LVMH and with vendor partners to ensure required levels of alignment and ownership.
- Maintain awareness of the competitive landscape and secure tools required to solve business problems and drive innovations.
- Ideate the strategies and innovations that drive the annual digital technology roadmap and budgets in partnership with internal and external eCommerce partners.
- Contribute to the overall roadmap by gathering requirements, securing RACI commitments, conducting POCs, estimating costs and defining timelines.
- Manage, track and ensure contracts, statements of work and invoices align with budget.
- Utilize agile methodologies to plan, develop, drive and communicate status of interdependencies, corrective actions, performance, releases and projects.
- Establish, measure and report on operational SLA’s, KPI’s, deliverables and metrics.
- 7-9 years of in-depth experience in roles as a strategic leader and project manager in eCommerce, digital operations or product management.
- College degree or equivalent experience in a technical discipline, Business Administration or related field.
- Software experience must include Jira, SFCC, ERP, Order Management and other primary eCommerce operations management.
- Thorough understanding of the eCommerce funnel, site architecture and customer order lifecycle.
- Proven history of leading teams, owning integrated vendor partner relationships and fostering close cross-functional partnerships in support of eCommerce growth.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate timely data driven decisions that lead to optimal results.
- Embody deep customer empathy and champion the needs of customers, stakeholders and business growth.
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity, technical savvy, a sense of humor and humility.
- Interest in Beauty a Plus!