Sr. Manager, Digital and eCommerce Operations
Digital | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
The successful candidate will lead all facets of digital and ecommerce operations. This includes maintaining high quality day-to-day: platform operations; ecosystem performance; business support services and; vendor relationships. The candidate will ensure business continuity by overseeing the stability digital ecosystem and execution of other key tasks related to integrated systems, customer service, fulfillment and performance. Overall, this is a technically oriented digital operations role.
This position is the key owner and conduit between digital technologies, vendors supporting our online businesses and the team members who drive the businesses. This will require the successful candidate to define operations processes, business cases, execute projects and operate effectively in dynamic scenarios with fast pace, uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Lead day to day business operations of the digital ecosystem, which includes the eCommerce platform, order management, payments, fraud monitoring, customer service, performance data, marketing tools, fulfillment, networks, etc.
- Apply an analytical approach to identify opportunities, raise escalations, align key resources, investigate issues through resolution, communicate status and drive action plans. This includes issues impacting systems performance, business continuity and project timelines.
- Define, manage and drive continuous improvement of operational processes, digital business objectives and efforts leading to efficiencies. This includes defining solutions, ensuring a strong feedback loop, knowledge base management and a hand on engagement across the technical landscape.
- Establish, measure and report on operational SLA’s, KPI’s, deliverables and metrics.
- Contribute to a successful business roadmap by gathering requirements, securing RACI commitments, conducting POCs, and ensuring alignment with budget per contracts, statements of work and invoices.
- Utilize agile methodologies to plan, develop, drive and communicate status of interdependencies, corrective actions, performance, releases and projects.
- Build trusted relationships across eCommerce, Kendo, LVMH and with vendor partners to ensure required levels of alignment and ownership are maintained.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Must bring experience to make thoughtful but quick decisions, shift context in midstream and think creatively to solve issues while facing ambiguity and uncertainty
- Flexibility, scrappiness and self-motivation to succeed when things are constantly on the move
- Determination to drive dynamic day-to-day operations for 6 brands
- High level of energy, passion and enthusiasm to “Get Things Done” faster than what’s considered “normal”
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize work while under pressure in a start-up environment
- Detail oriented, precise in execution, organized and structured in approach
- 7-9 years of in-depth experience in roles as a strategic operations leader and project manager especially in eCommerce, digital operations or digital product management roles in dynamic environments.
- College degree or equivalent experience in technically oriented operations roles or related digital fields.
- Software experience must include SFCC, ERP, Order Management, Jira, Web Analytics (Google Analytics preferred) and other primary eCommerce ecosystem operations management tools.
- Thorough understanding of the eCommerce funnel, website architecture and customer order lifecycle.
- Proven history of leading external teams, owning integrated vendor partner relationships and fostering close cross-functional partnerships in support of eCommerce growth.
- Embody deep customer empathy and champion the needs of customers, stakeholders and business growth.
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity, technical savvy, a sense of humor and humility.