Sr. Manager, Brand Marketing, Fenty Beauty
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
Responsible for owning, creating and executing innovative and cost effective 360 degree brand marketing strategies and plans for Fenty Beauty. Serves as the key strategic lead and main Marketing lead to KENDO cross-channel partners, Sephora cross-channel partners, vendors and agencies. The ideal candidate would have 7-10 years in marketing, be passionate and knowledgeable about marketing and beauty (especially our brands), and savvy in experiential and digital/social. Some travel will be required for activations.
- Develop the overall Fenty Beauty marketing strategy and components of multi-faceted 360 marketing plans across functions/channels and present recommendations for leadership.
- Communicate to and educate peer-level team members on approved plan and helps ensure the plan stays the course, while being flexible to course correct should the business change.
- Apply a keen understanding of the brand’s business, priorities, and overall skincare category.
- Manage marketing activations, including but not limited to:
- Sephora marketing Fenty Beauty inclusion – single and multi-branded animations and campaigns
- Advertising – digital, print, out of home, experiential –with media agency and internal affiliates
- Sponsorships and Partnerships
- Video Strategy and Creation
- Promotions, Direct Mail, Inbox and/or Sampling Strategy partnership
- Beauty Insider – experiential and sampling strategy/placement
- Social Media Strategy and Pitch for Sephora channel and Fenty Beauty brand channels
- Key Blogger/Vlogger insight and outreach
- PR and Store Events liaison
- Product Acquisition and Comp management
- Campaign Collateral (bounce backs, signage, fliers, etc. as needed)
- Fenty Beauty marketing channel integration (social, sephora.com/Fenty Beauty , etc.)
- Excellent brief writing skills and ability to motivate team at kick-off.
- Analyze data, new trends and insights and generate ideas on how to translate into ideas for the brand.
- Manage and allocate budgets for category; reviews and approves line item expenses.
- May have team supervisory role. Serve as mentor and role-model to junior team members.
- 7 -10 years of experience in marketing or brand management on brand and/or agency side; management experience a plus.
- College degree or equivalent experience; retail experience preferred (beauty experience required).
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to deliver strong, polished, effective PowerPoint presentations.
- Effective relationship-building skills; professional savvy and organizational agility to leverage partnerships across the organization to get work done.
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and also quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas.
- Honed presentation skills; confidence in presenting in multiple forums, including senior leadership level.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Entrepreneurial – able to deal with ambiguity and work with little or no direction.
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Strong time management skills; ability to juggle priorities and multiple projects.
- Employs a strategic approach to process; ability to organize and divvy up work effectively.
- Can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach; personable and flexible with demands and changes in business.