Sr Financial Analyst, Marketing
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
Effective January 18, 2022, as a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Sr Financial Analyst, Marketing – reports to Director, FP&A. This role will support the financial planning and analysis of Kendo’s Global Marketing and Creative teams by providing guidance, strategic insight, and information to facilitate decision making. Further, this role will monitor and control all Marketing expenses, as well as manage month end close, and budget/forecast cycles.
- Monthly/Periodic Reporting: Prepare and deliver spend reporting with meaningful analysis. Meet monthly with Marketing and Creative teams to review financial results and forecasts. Collaborate to identify any business risks and/or opportunities and recommend corrective action.
- Budgets/Forecasts: Work closely with departments’ leadership to ensure appropriate investment and resource allocation in line with business expectations. Participate in monthly rolling forecast and budget revisions processes.
- Special Projects/Ad Hoc Support & Analysis: Execute high-quality and timely analysis as required. Create ad-hoc financial models to assist with strategic initiatives. Facilitate meetings and discussions with other cross-functional partners on process improvements.
- Expense Management: Perform month end close activities, including the review and preparation of expense accruals. Monitor and control all aspects of Marketing and Creative expenditures.
- Communication: Act as liaison between Finance and Marketing/Creative leadership to communicate and ensure achievement of established targets. Work with other cross-functional partners to ensure clear understanding of strategies and alignment on shared areas of responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of financial and analytical concepts, practices, and procedures in wholesale business.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in finance with emphasis on budgeting, forecasting, planning, analysis, and strong modeling skills.
- Advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint skills.
- Systems aptitude and process mapping skills. Preferred experience with AX, BI, with ability to learn and adapt to in-house system applications.
- Must possess excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills in addition to the ability to think creatively.
- Must work well in a fast paced, team-oriented, dynamic and matrix environment.
- Must be curious, accurate, and detail oriented.
- Must be available to work in office 3 days per week. Other 2 days are work from home.