Sr. Director, eComm Product Management and Operations
eCommerce | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Senior Director, E-Commerce Digital Product Management, Production & Operations, is responsible for the creation, development, and implementation of the digital product roadmap to fuel exponential growth across Kendo’s 5 eCommerce sites: FentyBeauty.com, KatVonD.com, OleHenriksen.com, MarcJacobs.com, and BiteBeauty.com. This influential leader will foster collaboration across the organization, and manage relationships with strategic partners to effectively and efficiently deliver best in class end-to-end customer experience while driving profitable sales growth. The ideal candidate is a strong critical thinker with a customer-first mindset, data-driven, solution-oriented, and comfortable with detailed execution. Executive presence, business acumen, and a track record for team-building skills are essential.
As a member of the Digital/eCommerce Leadership team, you will create and communicate a compelling vision for Kendo’s Product Management function, develop the strategy & implementation for transforming Kendo eCommerce to be best-in-class & efficient, from first click through to fulfillment.
- Develop and execute creative, high quality and clear digital product roadmap to support the growth plans for our brands.
- Balance business objectives, customer insights, and competitive analysis with driving innovation in products and enhancements that increase engagement and usage.
- Leverage understanding of how business, technology, and customer needs are evolving to identify short-term solves, bridge strategies, and long-term vision.
- Improve and manage product planning and execution processes that deliver predictable results and meet roadmap commitments. Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Provide product management with standardized tools to evaluate new product ideas, track and analyze product results
- Operate at strategic and tactical levels. From vision to project execution: status communication, establishing and reporting KPIs.
- Lead, inspire, develop, and manage a growing team of Digital Product Managers and Producers
- Identify resource needs, build business-cases to support.
- Collaborate with eCommerce business leaders, Brand Management, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, and Operations teams to gain alignment around roadmap, product value, feasibility, resourcing, execution, and assessment.
- Be a thought leader and digital evangelist among company executives, peers to bring digital fluency to new levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively by storytelling without relying on technical language.
- Assume responsibility for eCommerce Operations, from Customer Service to Financial Systems Integration, and Fraud management. Identify opportunities to increase efficiencies and improve customer service at each touch point. Facilitate process improvement as accountabilities and ownership are shifted within Kendo.
- Manage portfolio of external partners by setting clear goals and monitoring performance tied to business objectives.
- Demonstrate our Kendo Kredos: Entrepreneurial Spirit, Perseverance, Generosity, Storytelling, Quality Obsession, and Fun.
- College graduate.
- 10+ years of experience across Product Management, Production, and Web Ops.
- Direct-to-consumer online retail background required.
- Expertise in developing a multi-year vision and accompanying product roadmap.
- Strategic agility. Can envision and deliver effective cross-functional initiatives in rapid growth businesses.
- Ability to understand customer needs, translate those needs clearly into the Product development process.
- Experience building teams of digital product professionals. Track record for developing others.
- Outstanding communication, influence, and collaboration skills. Effective up, down, and across the organization. Tells a focused and compelling story.
- Skilled at assessing and managing, and getting top performance from 3rd party relationships.
- Passion for bringing innovative products to market, and delivering exceptional mobile customer experiences.
- Thrives in a self-directed, fast-paced environment. Solution orientated.
- Loves the beauty industry.