Sr. Director, Distribution Program Management
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
Effective January 18, 2022, as a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Responsible for managing end-to-end execution of programs spanning logistics, distribution and trade compliance, from strategic planning stages to implementation and beyond. Directly partners and serves as main link between Logistics, Distribution and Trade compliance teams. Clearly and actively communicates program schedules, deliverables and expectations to all team members.
- Orchestrates execution of logistics and fulfillment programs managing across multiple channels and geographies, including but not limited to: transportation optimization, distribution center/node set up, visibility, freight payment and metrics development
- Serves as program expert with an in-depth knowledge of program channels/components
- Represents Logistics, Distribution and Trade in cross functional project settings
- Develops comprehensive schedules for program duration, sets interim milestone meetings and proactively monitors progress to achieve deadlines and results
- Monitors and advocates process; identify process gaps/improvements and tools to improve efficiency – manages process improvements for existing programs as needed
- Identify key cost savings and business optimization opportunities across all logistics and distribution functions
- Develop business case/ROI models, including ability to measure predicted results, and roll-out to business teams
- Lead the full program/project lifecycle including: defining vision and business goals, development of business case/ROI, scoping, definition of success metrics, implementation, program launch with post-launch ownership on a case by case basis
- Drive successful implementation of initiatives including: Defining goals, scope, and timelines; determining implementation options; leading any needed vendor selection/RFP process; driving scope recommendations and prioritizations; partnering with internal teams to ensure successful delivery
- Develop strong partnerships with multiple business leaders and teams, gain understanding of business processes, tools and technology and identify areas of optimization or changes which will provide measurable cost-savings or which are needed to support proposed growth
- Partner with business, product, and technical leads to develop metrics to measure success and ensure ability for on-going monitoring of post-launch results through analysis and reporting
- Manage and develop teams to drive new process and projects within Global Distribution:
- E-Commerce Operations
- Global Transportation
- 5-8 years experience in program/logistics/distribution management
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent technical skills – MS Office (specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Agency or retail experience preferred
- Effective relationship-building skills, ability to cultivate strong partnerships across teams
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills; ability to juggle priorities
- Can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach