Sr. Director, Channel Planning
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
As Senior Director, Channel Planning, this leadership role has responsibility for overseeing, enhancing, providing vision and delivering results through the channel planning team as the main point of financial forecasts for Kendo Brands as well as partnering with senior leadership in the organization. This role is responsible for balancing strong financial forecasts with a focus on forecast accuracy while developing and growing the team’s skills and supporting their career goals. Requires frequent leadership presentations on Kendo, Brand, and product forecasts.
- Responsible for all aspects of Channel Planning for SF supported Kendo Brands and dotted line responsibilities for acquired brands.
- Responsible for the strategy and execution of the tops down/bottoms up annual forecasts to support the budget process, quarterly newness planning, and monthly open to buy. Collaborate with key business partners on ways to mitigate forecast risks and maximize sales opportunities.
- Responsible for supporting the brand managers in their need for scenario planning by Brand/Channel/Product collections in retail, wholesale, and margin.
- Accountable for the annual, quarterly, and monthly budget and open to buy process. Recommending and gaining alignment on improvements and implementation to changes to any part of the process.
- Continuously improve forecast techniques, methodology, and approach across entire Planning organization. Seek standardization opportunities in forecasting and reporting where appropriate.
- Participate and represent Channel Planning in cross-functional leadership and strategy meetings.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers, analyzes, and presents information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for team members' activities; Develops teams' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services. Ability to maximize productivity of resources and talent. Provides constructive feedback.
- Recruit, Hire, and develop existing and new team members of the channel planning team.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others. Guides team to appropriate action and informed decision making. Navigates complex situations with focused actions and results.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Achieve quality expectations without sacrificing timeliness in meeting deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 10+ year(s) of planning, currently Senior Director, Planning. Wholesale Channel Planning experience strongly preferred.
- Experience and/or extensive knowledge of Channel Planning’s impact on the supply chain.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Excel based tools
- Experience creating, implementing, and testing a new forecast system.
- Track record in developing team(s).
- Agility in juggling multiple requests & manage leadership expectations.
- Experience working in a multi-channel/country business environment (different currencies, seasonality, etc).
- Availability for international market meetings/calls. Early mornings and evenings when needed.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment.
- Experience implementing and training planning team on a new forecasting software/system.
- Proficiency with MS Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Experience leading cross functional projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.