Social Photography/Content Producer
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
Primary Responsibility is CREATE, DESIGN AND EDIT the creative ASSETS for KVDB social media and .com (jpegs, fliers, videos). Working specifically for Kat Von D Beauty with a focus on Instagram plus other social channels.
- Producing ALL Social Media Product and Swatch photography including but not limited to: photos, videos, gifs for Instagram, designing flyers for giveaways/contest/promos, and branded templates for all kat von d social channels
- Designing digital ads (i.e. facebook, retargeting, banner, etc)
- Modifying/editing all of this content into all formats (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Web/.com)
- Managing product photo shoots for social
- Setting up and Managing creative archive.
- Weekly monitoring of relevant UGC for reposting archive
- Ongoing moodboard development for social media content themes
- Develop best in class process for ease of roll-out
- Color Correction, typography and layouts
- 3-5 years MIN product and/or still product-shot and lifestyle photography experience
- Macro and portraiture experience (as it relates to social media content)
- Excellence in typography and ability to understand and ensure existing KVD aesthetic.
- Deliver on deadline/ leverages Freelance staff.
- Cross functional collaboration - including input from Creative Director in Brand Design, marketing and KVD teams.
- In house or agency/design firm experience required; beauty preferred.
- Previous experience as an Art Director/Producer
- Eye for content curation/design and storytelling across social media platforms and ecommerce website.
- HTML experience is a plus but not required (at minimum needs to understand this world and make sure design gets properly translated)
- Familiarity, interest and comfort with social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Snapchat)
- Comprehensive video and design editing experience (editing, cropping, color correcting, time-lapse, stop motion, looping gif, cinemograph)
- Can work in fast paced environment, must be flexible without losing design integrity or cool
- Excellence in Communication, Organization and Professional Attitude