Social Media, Ole Henriksen, Internship
Internships | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
ABOUT SUMMER 2021 INTERNSHIPS
Kendo Brands Summer Internship is a paid, 8 week program where you will be focused on an assigned project, while being introduced to and fully integrated into the daily activities of your team. For Summer 2021, our program will be 100% virtual. You will get the opportunity to explore a department and learn what it is like to develop a career at a beauty brand incubator. Our internships will include exposure to senior leadership in the Kendo organization and regular check-ins on internship status. Interns will also get an opportunity to learn about LVMH and how Kendo fits into the LVMH family.
Applications for the Kendo Summer Internship Program will be open from April 1 – April 16. Applications will close on April 16 at 5 pm PT. We encourage students of diverse backgrounds to apply, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, LGBTQ+, military status and people with disabilities.
Qualified candidates must be rising juniors or seniors, or no more than one year post graduation. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Kendo’s internships will be a fulltime 8 week program. Candidates must be available to work either June 7 – July 30 or June 28 – August 20.
Summary: The Ole Henriksen Social Media Marketing Team is responsible for Ole Henriksen’s digital experiences. As an intern, you’ll have the incredible opportunity to work with our social marketing team to create content and support messaging across a variety of channels.
- Actively manage social media channels including - engaging with followers and monitoring conversations across social media channels.
- Help develop, post, and schedule messaging across social media channels
- Support/Coordinate social video and photo shoot needs: including all product orders (working directly with Product Development and Brand Management to receive new products or comps), packing and processing shipments, and tracking the packages to their final destination.
- Collaborate with Social Media Marketing Manager on execution and optimization of social media contests, sweepstakes, content swaps and other partnership initiatives.
- Assist Social Media Manager with pulling marketing data from listening platforms, help track growth of social media followers and engagement by channel
- Promote events and campaign initiatives on social media.
- Coordinate daily social media tests to inform future messaging.
- Constant research of mega & up-and-coming influencers.
- Supports Influencer & Events needs from briefing in assets to shipping product to supporting outreach.
- Manages all product orders for events & influencer needs, while also managing the department’s product inventory, allowing the team to ensure all products are on hand for immediate influencer or other needs.
- Participate in brainstorms and content/campaign ideation across all platforms
- Coordinates all shipping needs, including last minute influencer sponsorship requests, and international and domestic marketing requests.
- Rising junior or senior, or class of 2020 or 2021 graduate majoring in Graphic Design, Marketing, Advertising or a related field
- Deep passion for skincare
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proactive and naturally curious about the digital and social space, and is always thinking outside the box