Social Media Graphic Design, Fenty Beauty Internship
Internships | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
ABOUT SUMMER 2021 INTERNSHIPS
Kendo Brands Summer Internship is a paid, 8 week program where you will be focused on an assigned project, while being introduced to and fully integrated into the daily activities of your team. For Summer 2021, our program will be 100% virtual. You will get the opportunity to explore a department and learn what it is like to develop a career at a beauty brand incubator. Our internships will include exposure to senior leadership in the Kendo organization and regular check-ins on internship status. Interns will also get an opportunity to learn about LVMH and how Kendo fits into the LVMH family.
Applications for the Kendo Summer Internship Program will be open from April 1 – April 16. Applications will close on April 16 at 5 pm PT. We encourage students of diverse backgrounds to apply, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, LGBTQ+, military status and people with disabilities.
Qualified candidates must be rising juniors or seniors, or no more than one year post graduation. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Kendo’s internships will be a fulltime 8 week program. Candidates must be available to work either June 7 – July 30 or June 28 – August 20.
The Fenty Social Media Marketing Team is responsible for storytelling and illustrating Fenty Skin’s and Fenty Beauty’s content pillars through thumb-stopping social-first digital experiences. As an intern, you’ll have the incredible opportunity to work with our social marketing team to create fresh, innovative designs that bring Fenty’s brand DNA to life.
- Create trend-setting, innovative designs across Fenty Skin and Fenty Beauty social channels (primarily Instagram and Pinterest) with a focus on social-first design elements tailored toward the Gen-Z demographic
- Assist with ideating and developing engaging designs (static graphics, typography, illustrations, etc.) that delight our community, build brand affinity, and entice consumers to double-tap
- Collaborate with the Social Media Marketing Manager on new product launches to ideate and concept around design content that illustrate hero messaging and product benefits
- Monitor pop culture events and daily social trends for reactive content opportunities, creating designs that insert Fenty into relevant conversations
- Rising junior or senior, or class of 2020 or 2021 graduate majoring in Graphic Design, Digital Art Direction, Interactive/Digital Design, or a related field
- Deep passion for beauty and skincare
- Have a 24-7 pulse on all things Gen-Z
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience with After Effects and motion design is a huge plus!
- Strong knowledge of leading social platforms (Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest) and the features each platform offers that can be leveraged to produce engaging creative
- Proactive and naturally curious about the digital and social space, and is always thinking outside the box
Please include a link to a portfolio site or samples of your work. Portfolios should include examples of inspiration, concept development and storytelling in addition to finished designs.