Shopify Developer/Tech Lead
Digital | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
- Acting as Kendos resident Shopify expert, specializing in all facets of the eCommerce platform
- Collaborating with the UX and UI design teams to produce seamless, robust, and innovative front-end user experiences
- Generating custom-tailored Shopify themes, pages, and features with ability to update pre-existing templates
- Working closely with project managers and product managers to address the Kendo Roadmap
- Work strategically with Kendo partners to influence and prioritize their roadmaps
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding and have input to business needs that drive project features & functions and provide internal consultation
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong communication skills – We work as a tightknit team and need everyone’s voice to be heard
- Education: Bachelor s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Programming, or a similar field
- 2+ years of experience developing within the Shopify and Shopify Plus platforms
- Deep knowledge of platform API’s
- Superb troubleshooting & debugging skills
- Strong discipline for testing quality/devops processes unique to Shopify+ (Version Control, Automation, Theme Development)
- Able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Has a true passion for design and technology – We need innovation
- Positive attitude, high energy, and love for broadening web development skill set
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Google analytics
- Interest in Beauty a Plus!