Senior Staff Accountant
Finance | Burbank, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
We are seeking a positive, self-motivated, and result-oriented Senior Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team. The position is responsible for a variety of assignments, including participating in the month-end close process, preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, financial reporting, financial analysis and process, policies and procedures and completing complex accounting duties and projects. Reporting to our Senior Accounting Manager, this individual will have the opportunity to greatly impact and improve processes and documentation in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Perform month-end closing duties, prepare journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations.
- Compile month-end reporting packages, including income statement, balance sheet, and perform fluctuation analysis of assigned entities.
- Interface and assist with internal and external audits.
- Assists special projects including process and documentation improvement initiatives.
- Maintains integrity of accounting information and systems, in accordance with standards and rules under IFRS.
- Support the maintenance and analysis of schedules validating the integrity of the financial statements and researches all reconciling items.
- Prepare policies and procedures as assigned.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations, divisions and companies.
- Learn, review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures for obtaining efficiency.
- Learn and utilize the business intelligence tool to analyze and improve efficiencies.
- Assist establishment of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the company and accounting group.
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned.
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Accounting (or related field).
- 2+ years at senior staff accountant level preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- 2+ years of public accounting experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Detail-oriented, eager to improve existing processes, and can effectively prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking by calling out assumptions and identifying root cause.
- Medium-size company experience a must.
- Proficient understanding of IFRS and/or Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience using ERP system a must and D365 ERP system experience is a plus.