Senior Manager, Social & Content Strategy – OLEHENRIKSEN
Marketing | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
As the Senior Manager, Social & Content Strategy for Ole Henriksen, a top Skincare brand globally, you will be responsible for leading the owned social media content strategy and execution of it for the Ole Henriksen marketing team.
You will help lead the strategic vision for the marketing team based on forward thinking cultural, consumer & category trends. This role is “part art and part science” – requiring strong analytical prowess, cultural curiosity around the trends shaping consumer behaviors today and into the future, and a deep-seated passion for social media. Creatively-minded you will translate these insights into highly engaging content ideas that fuel brand affinity and business results. This role is also highly collaborative and cross-functional. Candidates should be able to take an idea from conception to execution, engaging key partners and resources along the way to help achieve goals.
- Lead social content creation and curation process including photo and video shoots as well as partnering with Influencer Manager to ideate and collaborate on paid partner content.
- Lead content strategy across Ole Henriksen’s social channels to ensure highly relevant & meaningful content that meets consumer needs & the brand’s objectives.
- Develop provocative strategies, creative briefs and ideas for the brand with a social first mindset; must be the voice and heart of the consumer to ensure content strategies are highly relevant and action-provoking.
- Maintain a deep understanding of what’s going on in culture and the category and how this is impacting our core consumers lives and needs.
- Stay on the pulse of culture, and share relevant trends and insights with marketing teams.
- Present comprehensive strategies and campaign plans to gain senior management alignment and partner buy in. Communicate out to cross functional teams.
- Be a strategic thought partner for the social creative team, social and influencer leads to ensure creative ideation is grounded in meaningful cultural, consumer and behavioral insight.
- Lead creative brainstorms and content/campaign ideation.
- Serve as a thought leader in Social Media and share best practices, general guidance and the implications of platform updates with broader teams.
- Manage and inspire others on the team to help articulate and execute the social strategy across platforms.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on key social KPIs including insights that inform future actions.
- Manage annual organic social budget & optimize spend based on business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 7-9 years in Social Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Passion for the skincare industry and strong interest in the digital space.
- Problem solver – Understand how to translate data (sales, social listening, cultural insight, consumer research) into break through content strategies that inspire innovative creative thinking and business results.
- Deep understanding of social media platforms: Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Extensive experience with Social Media Management Systems and Social Listening/Analytics tools. (e.g. Listen First, Traackr, Dash Hudson, Curalate, Social Flow, Tweetdeck, Hoot Suite, etc).
- Experience working across digital media and creative: drawing connections between the brand identity and marketing objectives to inform differentiated and effective new media programs that engage customers, increase awareness and spark advocacy.
- Must have curious mindset with passion to continuously test, learn and push the boundaries to drive innovation and disruption.
- Must be collaborative, agile, accountable, kind, and welcome change.
- Capable and driven to quickly learn new technologies and continually upgrade current skill set.
- Exceptional writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice.
- Strong analytical skills for measuring/tracking success and KPIs.
- Ability to manage up and communicate effectively on projects, working independently and within teams.
- Exceptional time, project management, budgeting and organizational skills.