Senior Manager, Recruitment
Human Resources | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Senior Manager, Recruitment is responsible for creating and overseeing a best in class recruitment experience at Kendo. Employee branding experience is key as we are excited to showcase our own amazing talent and highlight Kendo as an “employer of choice”. The Senior Manager, Recruitment plays a critical role in ensuring Kendo hires the best candidates for all roles as the organization continues to grow each year.
- Develop and scale best-in-class, innovative recruiting and engagement programs to support Kendo’s growth.
- Partner with business and People + Kulture (HR) leaders to develop results-driven staffing strategies that meet current & future needs.
- Design and develop employee branding strategies to include our company website and social media channels.
- Manage, motivate and inspire a small but mighty team of internal recruiters.
- Keep current on the latest recruitment tools, trends and sourcing methods by networking within key communities.
- Partner with local and national universities and colleges to help develop future Kendo leaders.
- Ensure that weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Recruit applicants for open positions, coordinate interviewing process, maintain relationships with active candidates, move all selected candidates through the offer process, turn down and close out with all non-selected candidates for all roles.
- Advise hiring managers on staffing policies and recruiting procedures.
- Conduct regular follow-ups with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Manage external recruiters and vendors regarding all work force needs.
- Project and track yearly recruitment expenditures for budgetary consideration and control.
- Maintain current knowledge of legislation changes and employment standards, guidelines and laws.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of recruitment experience.
- 2+ years managing team members within the recruiting function.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit mid to senior level roles and manage all parts of the full recruitment cycle.
- Industry experience in cosmetics or other consumer packaged goods/wholesale desirable. Experience in a start-up environment also desirable.
- Exceptional interpersonal listening and communication skills (written and speaking).
- KPI and data driven.
- A social media pro with demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- Willingness to approach projects with a can-do attitude and create the right amount of process.
- Fearless about rolling up your sleeves and figuring it out.
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Ability to organize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines and organizational goals.
- Able to recognize root cause issues and proactively develop solutions respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Sense of humor a must!