Senior Manager, Performance Marketing
Digital | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
The Senior Manager, Performance Marketing is a new role within Kendo’s growing Digital organization, reporting into the Director, Performance Marketing and Analytics. This role will be responsible for all aspects of performance and growth marketing across the Kendo brands, focused on scalable revenue-driving and customer growth strategies through direct response marketing channels. The right candidate has the experience and ability to balance their analytical and tactical skill with creative and brand storytelling. This role will be integral in building the foundation for performance marketing at Kendo and driving continued, scalable growth for the business overall.
- Manage all performance marketing budgets and tactics from new customer acquisition to retention (via paid social, paid search, display, etc.) to further scale the business and increase profit for brand .com.
- Develop and execute performance marketing campaigns and roadmaps that drive to growth and acquisition goals while also aligning to integrated, 360-degree programs, partnering closely with cross-functional teams and partners (digital, ecomm, marketing, social, brand, product, etc.) to develop those plans.
- Directly manage and lead multiple agency and partner relationships as extensions of your team to execute all strategies and campaigns.
- Analyze KPIs (including ROAS, CPA, LTV, etc.) on an ongoing basis to drive optimizations and ensure campaigns are maximizing performance and hitting goals.
- Manage continuous test and learn programs to optimize creative, messaging, landing pages, audience targeting, etc. across all channels, partnering closely with Creative and Product teams.
- Consistent review of channel performance, reporting on and highlighting insights, trends, and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Emulate a culture of innovation, sharing ideas and identifying/vetting new growth channel opportunities to test for the Kendo brands.
- 7+ years of related digital marketing experience with expertise in performance and growth marketing channel management including paid search, paid social, display, video, etc. at industry-leading brands/companies – eCommerce, retail, and/or DTC preferred. Experience managing multiple brands a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of marketing and analytics tools and technology (Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads, tag management platforms, etc.)
- Extensive experience leading and managing agency and vendor relationships.
- Able to balance both creative and analytical thinking while being customer-focused and brand-obsessed.
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills with the ability to bubble up insights and trends in a concise, shareable manner; experience creating dashboards and reports.
- Ability to manage to the bigger picture but also willing to roll up their sleeves and dig in.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Strong sense of accountability, self-drive, and the ability to function independently while also being a strong team player and cross-functional partner.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Thrives in an undefined, ambiguous environment.
- Experience recruiting and managing high-performing teams.
- BA/BS in a technical field from a leading university.