Senior Manager, Marketing Effectiveness
eCommerce | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
Senior Manager Marketing Effectiveness is responsible analyzing marketing investments and performance, making recommendations to optimize allocations across direct and non-direct channels for our brands: Kat von D Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, and Bite Beauty. The position sits within Kendo’s Finance and Business Development organization, and reports into the VP of the group. The ideal candidate is data-driven, analytical, and a critical thinker with strong communication skills. Executive presence and managerial courage balanced with a collaborative style are essential.
Campaign Assessment and Recommendations
- Develop and recommend KPIs for campaigns, sampling programs, paid social, digital and advertising investments.
- Create measurement tools to ensure investments deliver forecasted returns. Implement use of tools to develop and align on: pro-formas and results.
- Build & present ROI-based business cases to leadership to support recommended budget allocation shifts and/or secure funding above budget.
- Partner with Marketers to effectively assess and negotiate with agencies to minimize project costs while maximizing returns.
- Provide regular monthly updates to leadership on marketing performance and go-forward actions by brand and channel.
- Institute test, read & react methodologies. Report out on objectives, results, and recommendations in real time to facilitate learning, understanding, and action.
- Work with Marketing & Digital eComm partners develop Annual Budget based on performance trends and marketing calendar to support brand strategy. Ensure budget enables each brand to achieve budgeted traffic & sales goals, while driving client acquisition, engagement, retention.
- Develop tactics and stretch budget to deliver stretch sales goals.
- Facilitate annual agency reviews based on performance to optimize spend for each brand and channel.
Lead & Manage
- Cultivate, navigate, and forge strong relationships with cross-functional teams including: Brand Marketing, Digital/eComm & Finance.
Desired Skills & Experience
- College graduate. Degree in Business, Finance or Marketing preferred
- Minimum 4-7 years work experience in Marketing, Digital or eComm.
- Knowledge of marketing levers, testing & measurement techniques.
- Works well independently. Driven. Self-directed.
- Proven ability to develop strategy AND execute day-to-day tactics.
- Data-driven. Analytical, ability to interpret incomplete data & form recommendations.
- Excellent written, visual, and oral presentation skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships, develop cross-functional partnerships. Win-win negotiator
- Entrepreneurial, growth mindset. Positive 'can do' orientation.
- Managerial courage, executive presence, influencing skills.