Senior Manager, MarcJacobsBeauty.com
eCommerce | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
Reporting to the VP Digital, the Senior Manager, MJB.com is responsible for driving profitable digital sales growth for the brand. This general manager and P&L owner develops and implements the strategy for MJB.Com that encompasses: customer experience, acquisition, retention, site merchandising, email, performance marketing, and UGC. The ideal candidate loves the beauty industry, is data-driven, analytical, a strong critical thinker with creative storytelling capabilities, and aptitude for project management with detailed execution. Collaboration, executive presence, and strong relationship-building skills are essential. The role has one direct report, is part of a diverse cross-functional team, and manages relationships with 3rd party vendors.
- Meet, exceed budgeted sales, margin and expense targets.
- Manage expenses, ensuring projects and vendors stay within budget.
- Build & present ROI based business cases to leadership to secure funding above budget. Ideate self-funding solutions. Negotiate with vendors and agencies to minimize overall project costs. Track, measure, and report on results.
- Provide regular updates to leadership on financial performance, product wins/opportunities, testing results, and sales driving actions.
Campaign Calendar Ownership
- Work with VP Digital, Brand Management and Marketing partners, to develop Annual Digital Campaign Calendar to support the overall brand strategy & drive traffic & sales.
- Create and execute tactical plans that deliver traffic, sales, and margin targets, Partner with key stakeholders to ensure required assets are developed, signed-off, and deployed. Create feedback loop so partners from Creative, Marketing, and Brand Management are clear on results, insights, and future action.
Digital Marketing Expert
- Be the digital champion for the Marc Jacobs brand
- Create compelling client experiences that are rooted in storytelling, and balance inspiration with ease to maximize conversion.
- Develop site content strategy. Optimize navigation based on web analytics. Manage execution, asset creation, upload, and QA.
- Manage email program to optimize traffic and revenue. Leverage 3rd party resources to drive test & learn agenda, segmentation & optimize creative. Ensure messaging is on-brand and product-centric.
- Optimize direct response programs including search, programmatic display, & paid social to drive traffic and sales.
- Partner with social media manager to ensure messaging is consistent across channels.
- Manage day-to-day site operations, updates and projects, from Homepage to Category and Product Pages. Develop testing plan to drive conversion improvements.
Website Development and Optimization
- Partner with VP Digital, Senior Product Manager, and 3rd party vendors to prioritize, test, and deploy new Web Dev projects that affect E-commerce.
- Partner with operations, customer service teams, and cross-brand partners to ensure on time delivery of orders and on-brand client experience at every touch-point.
Lead & Manage
- Cultivate, navigate, and forge strong relationships with cross-functional teams including: Brand Management, Brand Marketing, Creative, and Finance.
- Manage one direct report, 3rd party vendors, and agencies.
- Stay current on advances of Digital Marketing and Ecomm technologies and tactics through conferences, competitive benchmarking. Share across Digital team.
- College graduate.
- Minimum 5-7 years work experience. Digital, ecomm, marketing, site merchandising preferred. Knowledge of digital products & testing techniques helpful.
- Collaborative & inclusive style. Proven ability to build relationships, develop cross-functional partnerships. Win-win negotiator
- Entrepreneurial, growth mindset. Positive 'can do' orientation.
- Managerial courage, executive presence, influencing skills.
- Creative problem solver. Innovative thinker. Pushes for improvement. Set and communicate clear priorities.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to manage shifts in direction.
- Works well independently. Driven. Self-directed.
- Detail-oriented, organized.
- Data-driven, analytical, with the ability to interpret and translate data into action excellent written, visual, and oral presentation skills.
- Has led a team, and/or agency relationships. Track record for developing others.
- Expertise in Google Analytics, Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook). Understanding of product catalogs, SEM and SEO tagging.
- Passion for the customer experience, digital, ecommerce, marketing, and beauty content.
- Desire to develop digital savvy into a core competency for the cross-functional team.