Senior Manager, Internal Audit and Controls
Finance | Burbank, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
The Senior Manager, Internal Audit and Controls will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Company’s internal control processes, including planning and conducting operational, financial, and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls, organizational risks and operational efficiency. Reporting to the VP Corporate Controller, the position will require extensive and effective collaboration throughout the organization, including executive management as well as key external stakeholders. The individual will need to be a self-starter in a very dynamic environment with the ability to look for opportunities to continuously improve current processes and scale business operations to support organizational growth. Open to considering candidates in San Francisco or Burbank, CA.
- Lead all aspects of the internal control program that is designed by the Parent company, LVMH.
- Lead financial reporting risk assessment process to identify key risks of exposures, misstatement, determine materiality and control allocations across brands and functions.
- Provide strategic direction based on the risk assessment analysis and review.
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective design of control environment, including establishment of flowcharts and risk and control matrices.
- Perform testing of controls to identify and report any gaps.
- Analyze and evaluate the root cause of control deficiency and partner with business to remediate control activities, as needed.
- Design mechanisms to monitor compliance with internal controls and ensure effective operation of controls with high-quality documentation.
- Develop and implement global training programs to educate business process owners on topics related to controls and business processes.
- Establish and/or evaluate policies and procedures and ensure that operations are meeting strategic and compliance objectives.
- Supervise external resources, when necessary.
- Establish the internal controls design for our international offices in 18-24 months.
- Identify opportunities to automate and streamline control processes.
- Maintain and support compliance efforts for external audit teams.
- Function as a strategic business partner by working collaboratively with key business stakeholders throughout the company to support compliance initiatives.
- Take a leadership role for internal audit function, when necessary.
- During the monthly closing, assist the accounting team by preparing/reviewing/posting journal entries.
- Support and perform other activities as directed by VP of Corporate Controller.
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- 8+ years of external financial audit and/or internal controls/audit related experience.
- Manufacturing industry experience and/or a strong understanding of inventory and supply chain required.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to apply knowledge strategically.
- Makes decisions that balance a variety of factors to achieve an optimal outcome and strong execution orientation with hands-on experience managing complex projects.
- Exceptional understanding of internal controls and system controls.
- Ability to effectively manage diverse stakeholders and resources in a multi-location and multi-national model.
- Experience working in Big 4 or National accounting firms highly preferred.
- CPA designation highly preferred.
- IFRS experience preferred.