Senior Manager, Brand Management, Global, Ole Henriksen
Brand Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
For Ole Henriksen, great skin begins with a positive outlook—an effervescent optimism and zest for life that allows you to glow from the inside out. His Scandinavian heritage and colorful nature led him to design a simple, joyful, yet powerful approach to skincare.
The OLE HENRIKSEN skincare collection is built on a product philosophy of exfoliate, treat and soothe, which originated in Ole’s Beverly Hills spa, to bring incredible, transformative results to clients all over the world. Each product in the line—from easy daily regimens to professional-strength systems—combines efficacious powerful actives, natural botanicals and essential fatty acids to address clients’ skin concerns. As a tribute to Ole’s spa heritage, intoxicating scents and luxurious textures create a total experience that delights the senses.
The Senior Global Brand Manager leads and drives the global merchandising and product strategy for Ole Henriksen while advocating for the brand. This role requires partnerships with the Director of Global/NA, Director of International and cross functional teams to build the product pipeline and visual merchandising vision for the brand.
The Senior Global Brand Manager is responsible for driving the brand strategy in partnership with Director in order to guide product development and asset creation for the brand while implementing and building global processes. This includes managing merchandising and asset creation (in partnership with creative and marketing teams) and leveraging analytics to deliver and exceed the financial goals of the department.
- Global Brand Management & Brand Advocacy
- Global Product Pipeline, Product Calendar and Product Assortment
- Global Asset Strategy & Visual Merchandising
- Process Lead
- Legal Liaison
- Team Leadership
Global Brand Management & Brand Advocacy
- Align with GM on short- and long-term global brand strategies to meet and exceed company objectives
- Build strong and effective relationships with internal teams to drive brand culture and advocacy
- Prepare global product presentations to be leveraged by International markets
- Lead preparation of Founder meetings with cross functional teams
- Embrace building infrastructures and processes
Global Product Pipeline, Product Calendar, and Product Assortment
- Co-build global product strategy by leading development of compelling and unique product concepts that fit within franchise positioning, leveraging consumer insights, understanding of gaps in market and portfolio
- Product mapping: Strategically analyze the brand's strengths and opportunities vs. category trends/key competitors and identifies growth areas for core franchises or missing assortment
- Lead product briefs to build global product pipeline: to ensure that retail/cost of goods/margin targets/objectives are met for all products being developed
- Manage key brand building innovation initiatives
- Provide support to Product Development in identifying key product benefits, relevant claims and collaborate with PD and Creative on product names, claims and copy
- Partner with inventory planning team and markets to build global product forecast
- Oversee product life cycle management
Global Asset Strategy & Visual Merchandising
- Lead merchandising strategy and guide local markets
- Co-build visual merchandising strategy and visual merchandising briefs with creative teams
- Build global product launch package (Kento box) in partnership with marketing
- Build and manage style guide and brand asset library
- Drive global sampling strategy
- Work with internal legal department and outside counsel on marketing literature, trademark submissions, country registration, competitive landscape and new product patents
- Beauty Junkie A MUST! Passion for skincare A MUST! Must have a minimum of 4 years in Beauty Industry
- Bachelor’s degree, 7+ years of related business experience in the Beauty Industry preferred
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to effectively present to and advocate for ideas with senior management
- Comfort and poise when working with and presenting marketing strategies to executives and notable individuals
- Able to build collaborative relationships and work cross functionally with sales, marketing, trade marketing, retail partners, demand planning and supply chain
- Able to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times; calm under pressure
- Team leader and player who builds strong, effective partnerships
- Ability to travel