Senior Global Brand Manager, Product Strategy – OLEHENRIKSEN
Brand Management | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
The Sr. Global Brand Manager helps lead the overall brand and product strategy, and is responsible for driving the Ole Henriksen product pipeline in close partnership with the Senior Director in order to guide product development and asset creation for the brand while implementing and building global processes.
The Sr. Global Brand Manager is responsible for the day to day business management responsibilities, executing product strategy and product marketing plans and providing analytics to deliver and exceed the financial goals of the department. Additionally, the Sr. Global Brand Manager maintains brand relationships, both globally and with cross-functional partners, and manages direct reports. This role requires strong leadership, communication, creativity, and analytical skills.
- Global Brand Management & Brand Advocacy
- Global Product Pipeline, Product Calendar and Product Assortment
- Global Product Briefs
- Day to Day Business Management
Global Brand Management & Brand Advocacy
- Partner with Senior Director to develop short and long term brand strategies to exceed company objectives; work with cross-functional partners to successfully execute
- Establish and maintain effective cross-functional relationships with internal partners
- Act as brand liaison for internal teams supporting packaging, inventory planning, creative, product development, dotcom and operations
- Prepare and support presentations for management meetings
Global Product Pipeline, Product Calendar, & Product Assortment
- Manage global product calendar and distribution of monthly updates
- Develop new product briefs to build global product pipeline, work with cross-functional partners to gather all necessary information to ensure that retail/cost of goods/margin targets/objectives are met
- Work with Senior Director to help build global product strategy by leading development of compelling and unique product concepts that fit within franchise positioning, leveraging consumer insights, understanding of gaps in market and portfolio
- Manage cost and margin targets to meet financial objectives of the brand
- Work closely with North America and International brand management and marketing teams on market needs; serve as global brand advocate to push initiatives forward
Reporting & Research
- Be in-tune with the beauty retailer landscape and identify opportunities to further drive the business
- Maintain brand margin, conduct cost of good analysis as needed
- Provide key initiatives performance and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Make recommendations based on research and sales trends
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; MBA a plus
- 7-10 years of related business experience, beauty experience strongly preferred
- Beauty junkie a MUST!
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, analytical, and creative skills
- Must be an excellent communicator (both in-person and digitally) with strong interpersonal skills
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and client service-oriented
- Proactive with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player who can successfully build collaborative relationships and work cross-functionally with product development, packaging, operations, marketing, creative, retail partners, demand planning and supply chain
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives
- Ability to own and drive projects with limited direction and to make good judgement calls
- Highest level of professionalism at all times; calm under pressure
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills